• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Damn Wyoming they had a wind warning until 6pm and at 1730 wyodot had pulled the lightweight high profile restrictions down, so I left Denver and as soon as I hit Laramie they put them back up . I figure weather service has now issued a new warning until 11pm so maybe they will pull the restriction down by then. I'd keep rolling but I am only loaded with 5k pounds in my 57ft trailer so if I am wrong and do get blown over while driving with the restriction I won't be helping my job much...but sitting here at the 272 in Arlington I have not felt any wind that would blow me over, so I'm most likely wasting time.

I always feel that stretch before Sinclair is the worst :dunno:

This is the area that is the peak from Arlington to elk mountain Hanna exit 255 is the peak if you clear that your usually hone free by the 235 Wolcott Saratoga exit at the shell . I drove in the restrictions completely empty last year and watched guys go over loaded who did everything wrong when slapped with a gust ... but this year I've lost my balls and the common sense of the legal consequences got me bitched up sitting ...lol... once you are on the road in the wind if you're wrong you're stuck hoping it works out .

Well, clearanced a hair too much off my D60 tube the other night, so instead of a half slip, half press fit...the C just slid right on...****.

So, another set of Solid Axle C's on the way. Won't make that mistake again.

So, working on my Dirtbound DIY rear bumper for the XJ in the meantime.

Well, clearanced a hair too much off my D60 tube the other night, so instead of a half slip, half press fit...the C just slid right on...****.

So, another set of Solid Axle C's on the way. Won't make that mistake again.

So, working on my Dirtbound DIY rear bumper for the XJ in the meantime.

Can you machine the tube and C more so that a spacer tube can be used?

Can you machine the tube and C more so that a spacer tube can be used?

Nah, no ghetto rigging it here.

My buddy Matt, who did the machining originally, is going to help me out again (he goes by GreatWhiteXJ on Pirate).

Can you say 5 axis CNC, with mapping :D

Going to put the whole housing in the CNC machine, get the tube perfect, machine the C's, and everything. I guess this CNC is 35' long, and could easily fit both our rigs in it :laugh:

I'll sell a set of the C's for a little loss, so not a horrible deal, but still out a few bucks more than I should be...oh well. Ya live and ya learn.

Started the migration out of Denver. Got a job in Gypsum and moving the fam up there in the coming months. Heard there are some decent trails around. Now just to get a rig going to take advantage of them....

You should probably come up and grab your gears you paid for

Ya I need to. Eventually they'll get in the builder axle for the MJ but that's still a ways off.

They aren’t hurting me any, I just don’t want you to forget and order a new set.

Started the migration out of Denver. Got a job in Gypsum and moving the fam up there in the coming months. Heard there are some decent trails around. Now just to get a rig going to take advantage of them....

Gypsum has some very rad wheeling.

They aren’t hurting me any, I just don’t want you to forget and order a new set.

Cool, I appreciate it. I'm still coming down to Denver for the next few months until the wife and kid get up here. Maybe I can try and meet up with you here soon. Aren't you planning on moving soon too?

Gypsum has some very rad wheeling.

Sweet! Any trails you recommend? Hoping to have the WJ somewhat trail worthy by summer. Super pumped to finally get out of Denver.

Sweet! Any trails you recommend? Hoping to have the WJ somewhat trail worthy by summer. Super pumped to finally get out of Denver.

What’s the setup? They aren’t small rig trails by any means. I’d say armor, lockers, 37’s, and damn good driving at a minimum.

Back