• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Do you feel like you need more gears? I always thought yours seemed pretty low as it is. The 4 speed would be pretty nice... What's a used atlas worth?

We decided against running holy Cross today. Recent snow, impending snow, didn't want to be that idiot. Did a good run up eagle Rock. Nice trail day, ran all the harder lines, got stuck, got some dents, good stuff.

Do you feel like you need more gears? I always thought yours seemed pretty low as it is. The 4 speed would be pretty nice... What's a used atlas worth?

We decided against running holy Cross today. Recent snow, impending snow, didn't want to be that idiot. Did a good run up eagle Rock. Nice trail day, ran all the harder lines, got stuck, got some dents, good stuff.

Don't need lower gears the 5.0 is low enough , but I need a second gearing option that still offers some torque multiplication but still allows the rpm for a v8 to be of use A 2 .0 maybe 2.72 would be perfect . A used Atlas is 1500-1800 a new 4spd atlas is 3200 a black box NWF is 1500 . The question is what is the better quality over all ? I just know that after I put the cash into the suspension I'm not going to just want to go 5mph anymore .

I don't know about the weather on holy cross but I do know trucking this 57ft empty trailer back across 80 from From Wyoming to Salt lake to the Costco DC Friday was fun ...felt like a kid with a kite .

Don't need lower gears the 5.0 is low enough , but I need a second gearing option that still offers some torque multiplication but still allows the rpm for a v8 to be of use A 2 .0 maybe 2.72 would be perfect . A used Atlas is 1500-1800 a new 4spd atlas is 3200 a black box NWF is 1500 . The question is what is the better quality over all ? I just know that after I put the cash into the suspension I'm not going to just want to go 5mph anymore .

I've given the idea of a 4spd Atlas if I decide to offload my doubler, or if something goes boom in it.

I'll be going for the 10.34:1. I've got 7.2:1 right now in low low (with an Auto) and love it. I spend more time in it than I do 2.72/2.62.

Selling my doubler could offset the cost...a bit :D

The Colorado BS thread

Mad props to T2GD for helping me rescue my old high school ride on Sunday. He'll (the car) be chilling in Wyoming for a bit, until I can make room at home.

The driver side was sitting on that board I shifted. Rotted wood over a lube pit. Super sketch.
7ca3a68dab892606c383b025a4771ab6.jpg
eb19006275a855c9a8bc57b654d154e5.jpg
49193cb270d2636cce4477376d3b32cb.jpg
fc835603bc469c1ea04f1888ef1773d4.jpg
7d6aa3a6f1033c8eaf8e95ac1b72c115.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

you better sport a pimpin mullet if you're going to rock that, Steve!

Unfortunately, my mullet days are an impossibility. I'll tell the kids they have to sport one if they want to drive it.

Unfortunately, my mullet days are an impossibility. I'll tell the kids they have to sport one if they want to drive it.

Don't sell yourself short, Steve -- you may have to go smooth on top, but you can still pull off the party in the back!:guitar:

aw yeah, sam...
iu

Aw come awn Steve! There has to be more to the story....... Have you had it this whole time at your folk's place? Did you go track it down? Why is it special to you?

Looks like a neat and kinda rare Toyota! Specs?

Will it run? Or needs work?

Why no pic of the pit? Is there a skeleton, basket on a rope and a bottle of lotion at the bottom? This might explain your penchant for wearing seat covers....... :D

The Colorado BS thread

I bought a new (to me) car, a Mazda 323GTX (which was a pretty cool car, limited production) and the Toyota wouldn't pass Colorado emissions, because I yanked the smog pump, and the exhaust manifold heat riser bs. So I parked it in Cheyenne in a detached garage, and my parents rented out the main house. Since my dad passed, I've been trying to get mom to sell, and three years later it was finally time.

It was my first car (aside from a Datsun 1600 that I never registered), and I drove it through high school and college. All kinds of good memories, working on it with dad, figure it'll be a good starter project for my boys.

I did the prep work Saturday by myself, and almost left it there when I realized how close it was to falling in the pit. Two things helped me decide... hooked up a jump box, and the engine turned over. All mechanical gauges, so they didn't move, but the mechanical clock started ticking. So, I hopped on Rockauto, and parts were stupid cheap. Brake rotors 8 bucks, points (dual) $1.52, clutch slave rebuild kit 82 cents...I said, "All right, Bubba, you get a second chance."

So using a combination of the factory jack, a high lift, old tires/rims i also stashed, and scrap wood in the garage, I got it on 4 wheels, and slid a solid core door under the driver side to keep it out of the pit. I put a tire in front of the car, and pulled it with the RAM. The garage is at the top of a hill, and downhill is the house we just sold. It starts to slope immediately, so I had visions of it rolling out, into the house, or into the truck, so I stopped after about six feet, but I knew it would roll.

Dirty Dave worked all night, and showed up Sunday morning at 6:30 am. No good angle to pull from, his long bed truck, and 18' trailer made it impossible for a straight pull. So we (he) did a bunch of ratchet strapping, and I observed his youthful vigor, and made steering corrections. Had to pull the driver front when it locked, and oiled and beat the brakes into submission.

Once out, it was a hard left and downhill. We verified the brakes still maintained some of their original job description, and I went for a ride. Ended up mostly squared with the very short ramps, and then David showed off his ratchet skillz again. I observed his youthful vigor for a second time, and mentally thanked Matt for having such an awesome kid. This was all after working a 12 hour night shift, and his family waiting on him, so they could go fishing.

So, we (David) strapped it down, and off to the cabin we went. Once there, I put #2 son in the driver's seat, and observed David's youthful vigor unstrapping of the trailer, and Josh going for a ride.

The car is a '75 Toyota Corolla SR5. 1.6L , 5 speed, rear wheel drive, with the 2TC engine. It's a true hemi crossflow head, with the plugs way down low in the center.

Pics of the engine, what it would have looked like in it's prime, and what David would do to it.
caff083839a8ab24265259113322a192.jpg
fa2a6bef76899df9e0112095eba18905.jpg
2f3a58d101cb3c3e94f75a4da439d72d.jpg

It was my first car (aside from a Datsun 1600 that I never registered), and I drove it through high school and college. All kinds of good memories...
Your parents let you drive a chick-magnet like that through your school years??? :worship::worship::worship:

The Colorado BS thread

Found a flood damaged pic of me (on the right) with Lil Bubba. Breaking hearts all over south eastern Wyoming.
54ec666c73ab6ddb75a77b2871dcceee.jpg

Wow...... Driving a Superbird in the winter.... tire chains and all!

13f685cbada189260963b0acbe40bee7.jpg

The Colorado BS thread

A guy pulls up in this beauty. Hey said it's the only one in the states, a grey market exception. 2005 Defender, inline 5 TDI, 5 speed, full lockers. Imported for a foreign diplomat who didn't want to take it back home. Had the Kahn conversion, including rims and dolled up interior. Drool.
a48a76b9e6b6d1cb9fd4e76a25ef9d47.jpg

Back