• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Bought the Jeep with the d60 front in it and Rustys front arms then coil linked the rear and used claytons coil conversion and at the same time " up graded" the front arms to theirs . When jumping to 44s I did rework the rear suspension for more wheelbase and replaced the 1.5 uppers with 1.75 and at that time learned they use a big 2.5 upper JJ but use the dinky 1 inch shank version . The front end I have done a lot of work to but have not modified the suspension link set up.from what was purchased and installed ...lol...well that needs to change since it appears the sheared upper arm bolt is only ...lol...10mm that is about 3/8ths . What does crack me up about that dinky bolt size is that just the hard parts alone from claytons were about 3,000 and they use stock mounting hardware...the second is that Adam stated if they knew a suspension was going on a dana 60 with 40+ tires they would not use the small stuff ...lol...well when I purchased the coil conversion and the front arms it was Adam that was told I had a d60 front 14 bolt rear and 40 boggers ...lol...but no mention of the dinky fastener size limits they use Anywho I have ordered the new joints to build 4 arms to triangulate the front and get rid of the very expensive square tube with small hardware up front ...lol...who do they think is buying this stuff ? guys with 33s and stock axles ?...lol...hell when the parts were bought there was a box to check off the rear axle being used and d35 was not selected ... Some parts on their suspension are nice others are meager , but for the price meager should not be a concern ...Will be using Artec and ruffstuff brackets to do the new link mounts I need beef not meager parts at beef price .

picked up a stock Jeep uca bushing at Napa the bolt hole looks closer to 7/16 than 3/8...the sleeve inside looks like it could be drilled out to fit 1/2 ...or drilled to 9/16 and just press another sleeve in ?...I need to up the bolt size now quick and easy in the fall I will be putting bigger stuff up front , but want to wheel the summer not rebuild the front suspension .

Be on the look out folks, there is now a second Ecomike clan Jeep (Liberty) on the roads in your back yard this weekend. My son drove up their this weekend to visit his just college graduated sister for his BIG 30 birthday this weekend and for the memorial day weekend and to jog and hike the local sights. party1:

Be on the look out folks, there is now a second Ecomike clan Jeep (Liberty) on the roads in your back yard this weekend. My son drove up their this weekend to visit his just college graduated sister for his BIG 30 birthday this weekend and for the memorial day weekend and to jog and hike the local sights. party1:

Are they coming on the trail run tomorrow?

IMG_20170526_20793.jpg

A bit beefier than the old stuff ...still need to make a backbone and tie it into the diff cover ...I would buy the Artec but I got to put some of the steel to use , but I will buy the pinion truss tie in . The top link mount sitting on the Artec truss is .250 wall square tube full seam weld around all 4 sides then boxed in at the ends with a triangle gusset then Two more of them in the middle all full seam welded then they have a plate over them to box them in and it is full seam welded ...all .250 a500 plate. The sides have Two gussets each boxed in on top all full seam welded all .250 a500 plate . The rear brace ties into the diff cover the tube is 1.5 .250 with a couple side gussets the coupled together with .500 a500 plate and bolted together with a 1 inch grade 8 bolt . Tubes welded 4-passes .

Took about 6 hours to weld up without warping the axle.

cut the steel for the back bone went with thin 1/8th after I get the diff cover tie in sections finished I will pull them off and gusset them internally . If they don't hold up I can always plate on them , but I did not want a 200lb .250 back bone . I cant decide if I'm going bolt them together as a sleeved fit or flange them together . I.also took some 3/8th plate made a ghetto brake ra. two beads on it then welded a 6ft pipe to it and bent up a pinion guard link bridge tie in out of scrap plate for free . At this point it's nothing but overkill , but I should not have to worry about losing the link bridge again...spinning a tube...bending the housing In any direction ...just broken axle shafts and U joints .

Last edited:

Well after cutting and drilling flange plates and tacking them on the back brace for the 14 I got lazy and called it quits , but before heading into the house I figured I would straighten the passenger side rear coil tower bump tube since I never really got it straight after bending it . With jeep still on trailer I decided to use the dodge and a strap to pull it out just a bit so I had my brother drive the Dodge while I watched the tube so as not to go too far , well ...lol...John.somehow confused the stop signal for go getter and yanked the jeep a good foot sideways just shy of taking it completely off the rear ..1. the 2.5 1/4 wall dom sleeve I put over the claytons poo pipe bump tube sure takes a lot more to bend than the poo-pipe because that yank did not move it , and second.I was rather impressed that the boxing in of my frame rails and the beef up.of the coil buckets were able to easily hold being dragged sideways without deflection . It took strapping the opposite side of the Jeep.to a tree to keep from pulling sideways off the trailer ...ot kind of looked like the jeep was being drawn and quartered , but it finally moved . I dont see it moving real easy again ...next time it bends the fix will be getting rid of the coils .

Should Spring Creek be passible or at least most of it up to the rock garden now ?...Looking for a mild trail to run to do as one rig and passenger , but don't want to drive to Buena Vista and Chinamans is too long of a loop anyway it gets boring for what it is .

Somebody on another board, heard somewhere else, that somebody else got through last weekend...

This is a damn shame...........

1232-7953-2348974.jpeg

Why do folks why rant about stay the trail seem to be about as sincere and legit as the average Social justice warrior ?

I'm all for stt. I messed up at a younger age. But in growing age and assholeness I can bE pretty stern about it.

Why do folks why rant about stay the trail seem to be about as sincere and legit as the average Social justice warrior ?
The tendency I see is that the more vocal you are about telling others how they should act, the more likely it is that you're a hypocrite. And that applies to any "cause" pretty evenly.

Of course, there are plenty of exceptions to that. But the correlation is there.

Back