• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Well she is unique, she does not complain about complainers. :rolleyes:

"Word Salad!"

God forbid we use concise, comprehensive, language on a resume! :banghead:

HOLY SACK FULL OF SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!

That's a hoot -1,200 horse in a 2400 lb Honda.... wheeeeeeeee!

I've never seen a '65 Honda like that. Beautiful car as it is much less what those guys have done to it.... amazing build.

I got a kick out of the end of the video, towing the car in that itty-bitty trailer behind a Toyota Tacoma. Dude had to crawl out the back hatch once in the trailer. Aussies are crazy peoples........:looney:

"Word Salad!"

I gave up on that idea and bought an entire shelf of science, law, and industry definition books and encyclopidias in the early 1990s when I had a knock down drag argument with US Marine co-mentor one day over the word solid. The EPA had redefined the word solid as "as any containerized gas, liquid, semi-solid or solid material in its definitions of "solid Waste"

LOL

My brother ran into the problem as a mathematician and MD writing a published paper when he used the Vector which means totally different things in Math and Medicine.

Gotta love Ethe English language.

"I hope I am making myself totally Transparent"

LMAO!!!

Good god... leave it to the government to define "solid" to include gases and liquids. :rolleyes:

oooh...

So its not the state of matter, its what matters to the State.

I like it!

oooh...

I like it!

No, more like the liquid "identifies" with being a solid and feels as if it may be Ice trapped in a "body" of Water ...so a long treatment of Ice cubes are prescribed for the water to take them ultimately the water is placed in a freezer by medical professionals where it can be "converted" to Ice .

oooh...

I like it!

LOL, sounded like you were channeling Governor William J Lepetomane........ "Gentlemen, affairs of state must take precedent over... affairs of state."

Blazing-Saddles.png

Yep, but on a closer look their job was to regulate "Solid Waste" per new congressional laws under the laws created after the Love Canal political fiasco that pushed Congress to Create the new Superfund laws.

Google "Love Canal" and track down the "Hooker Chemical" side of the story (about 38 years ago, about how a local school board used Eminent Domain to take and use Radioactive land fill material out of a landfill that met today's standards for hazardous waste land fills by seizing the landfill, and built a school and later a housing subdivision on and around it and used land fill dirt to fill in the house lots spreading radioactive toxic waste all over the area) versus the typical news history, both sides are very interesting. Ran city water pipe lines right through the most toxic muck you can imagine.....

But back to the "Solid Waste" story. EPA discovered that flammable solvents in say an aerosol can or Toxic or flammable gases in a welding bottle that were going to be discarded to a land fill, thus "Containerized gaseous material" qualified as a "Solid waste" due to solid containers and the non solid containers contents. Same for liquids in 55 gallon drum. Blame on lawyers, LOL

It all gets down to context on the meaning of words. I no longer assume I know what words mean in a sentence unless I know the topic and context and look up the words definitions. And even then Grey can be Gray LOL

I make a living doing just that in several engineering and environmental permit fields for a living. And I focus on helping small, low income Ma and Pa firms. The local automotive rebuilding association in the 1980s was one of my first customers.

Good god... leave it to the government to define "solid" to include gases and liquids. :rolleyes:

Actually it is all about one's STATE of MIND!!! LOL :laugh3:

I hope I STATEd that transparently, LOL

But it can create confusion and controversy. And the more clearly, or narrowly we try to define things to narrow down the areas where a law or regulation does and does not apply, to try and make the borders black and white, the harder it gets to read as the language gets quickly complicated and very long. And thus that is my story of the word Solid as it applies to the EPA solid waste regulations.

On Start Trek Deep Space Solids have another meaning LOL.

It's not about what state the matter actually is, but what state it feels like it is.

Last edited:

"Word Salad!"

I gave up on that idea and bought an entire shelf of science, law, and industry definition books and encyclopidias in the early 1990s when I had a knock down drag argument with US Marine co-mentor one day over the word solid. The EPA had redefined the word solid as "as any containerized gas, liquid, semi-solid or solid material in its definitions of "solid Waste"

LOL

My brother ran into the problem as a mathematician and MD writing a published paper when he used the Vector which means totally different things in Math and Medicine.

Gotta love Ethe English language.

"I hope I am making myself totally Transparent"

LMAO!!!
Um, "WORD SALAD."

Now that I have left an industry that utilizes concise formats and language, I have to re-learn spewing seemingly superfluous adverbs in syntax to get past a computer algorithm and still be perceived as intelligible.

I got this!!!!!!!!!! :)

You guys and your big words are hurting my head.

Let's get back to some more Blazing Saddles references (something my simple mind can follow). :dunce:

Where are all the white women at?!?!

Charlie: They said you was hung.
Bart: And they was right.

Axle tubes weld up super easy...no idea if they are cast steel or cast iron because just like the knuckles every thread on the web has folks saying steel and then iron ...anywho they welded up just like the knuckles after sanding to shiny metal . My only concern with it is I have heard the welding can cause the tubes to be stress loaded and crack ...I figure with the truss , back brace , diff cover tied to truss and pinion tied to truss that should be a mute point , and more 14s are welded than not with no issue . The only thing I hate about welding to the housings is you can't just weld up everything at once it took me 2 hours to make 4 passes around the tubes and another hour to weld the truss on , But the new Artec truss and link brackets I built to mount the arms to the truss makes the old stuff look pretty films .

Back