• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

oops, wrong thread...

I have the 15" wheels that came with my truck with some worn out 37 iroks one having a 5" hole in it. I am trying to sell my 37" KO2s I'm currently running and could use those 38s for a tire while I'm swapping from my KO2s to a sticky.
Shoot me a picture of you can.
303-941-6744

I have the 15" wheels that came with my truck with some worn out 37 iroks one having a 5" hole in it. I am trying to sell my 37" KO2s I'm currently running and could use those 38s for a tire while I'm swapping from my KO2s to a sticky.
Shoot me a picture of you can.
303-941-6744

I will take a pic...tomorrow...they are not bald they are still probably worth a few hundred , but I do not like dealing with CL sales and flakey people , so they are yours for free or they go to Big O .

Lost Two bolts in the last year ...steering shaft coupler bolt and the transmission output shaft speed sensor retainer bolt it's a 99 from searching I think the steering shaft coupler bolt is m10 1.5x35 but can't find specs for speed sensor bolt . It works without these but they really should be there to prevent headaches .

Lost Two bolts in the last year ...steering shaft coupler bolt and the transmission output shaft speed sensor retainer bolt it's a 99 from searching I think the steering shaft coupler bolt is m10 1.5x35 but can't find specs for speed sensor bolt . It works without these but they really should be there to prevent headaches .

Computer says

Steering Shaft:
SCREW. Mounting. Hex Flange Head. M10x1.5x35.
Part Number: 06503210

Speed Sensor:
BOLT, SCREW. Fan To Fan Drive, Mounting. Hex Head. .312-18x.75, 5/16x18x3/4.
Part Number: 00220800

34066525762_e1af3b5408_c.jpg

Took it around the block today. Now to finish the little crap.

Only bolts I ever lost were under the hood of saturn at the top of the transmission gear box when it was opened top side. Never found them, 10 years running and they never showed up. Was afraid I dropped them into the planetary gear box :flame: :twak: but she has never had any issues. We had a search team looking for days for those damn bolts. I dropped them while replacing the valve body on the top of the tranny. Finally gave up and put it back together and prayed a lot LOL.:D Since they the black hole under that hood has eaten at least 5 bolts, that were never seen again. This is dropped bolts while under the hood working!!!!!! Never had this problem on any other rig in 45 years.

Nice looking but she looks a bit NAKED!!!

34066525762_e1af3b5408_c.jpg

Took it around the block today. Now to finish the little crap.

I was asking about who still uses CB's, but has does anyone use any of the radios on VHF/UHF? Rugged radios had a handheld 5 watt for $85, which is about the price of a really nice CB. What's everyone using for trail communication now?

I've always used a CB and plan to get one for the new rig too.

You can have my CB radio dutch. IDK if it is brand name or if it work, but its yours if you want it.

I was asking about who still uses CB's, but has does anyone use any of the radios on VHF/UHF? Rugged radios had a handheld 5 watt for $85, which is about the price of a really nice CB. What's everyone using for trail communication now?

I love my Rugged handheld. I took my CB out of my Jeep and that's all I use now. Of course, that means everyone you wheel with would have to use one as well, but I prefer them over a CB.

I feel the range and clarity is better in the mountains than my CB ever was. Plus it's portable and don't have to worry about mounting in the Jeep and mounting the antenna where it won't catch every tree you pass.

You can have my CB radio dutch. IDK if it is brand name or if it work, but its yours if you want it.

Thanks for the offer David, but over the years I've pretty much become a big fan of the little Cobra CB that has everything built into the hand mic. Works well enough for the limited range we have on trails, and doesn't take up a lot of space either.

http://www.cobra.com/products/recreational/c-75-wx-st

I love my Rugged handheld. I took my CB out of my Jeep and that's all I use now. Of course, that means everyone you wheel with would have to use one as well, but I prefer them over a CB.

I feel the range and clarity is better in the mountains than my CB ever was. Plus it's portable and don't have to worry about mounting in the Jeep and mounting the antenna where it won't catch every tree you pass.

Those Rugged Radios look pretty cool, a lot like the Motorola handhelds I've used a lot in the military. I like having the CB though because its a bit more universal (although admittedly getting less popular by the year) and because I have used them during inclement weather to talk to truckers and get a heads up on road/traffic conditions.

In all my years of wheeling...I've never had nor used a CB.

Then again, when you try to stick to small groups, it doesn't really matter.

The only time I've ever seen much needed, a handheld walkie would work just fine. Those were times when the trail run had a crap ton of rigs.

Thanks for the offer David, but over the years I've pretty much become a big fan of the little Cobra CB that has everything built into the hand mic. Works well enough for the limited range we have on trails, and doesn't take up a lot of space either.

http://www.cobra.com/products/recreational/c-75-wx-st

Those Rugged Radios look pretty cool, a lot like the Motorola handhelds I've used a lot in the military. I like having the CB though because its a bit more universal (although admittedly getting less popular by the year) and because I have used them during inclement weather to talk to truckers and get a heads up on road/traffic conditions.

I have one of those Cobra's...handy little guy. Way less bulky than a normal CB.

And yeah, CB's do have their advantages. I mainly switched to the handheld deal because I can use it anywhere. Take it in the Jeep, use it in my UTV, and I also use it on my 4wheeler. I have a helmet kit with a push button on the bars that is awesome.

Then when we are convoying on the weekends to go camping, toss it in the truck and good to go.

Back