• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO chapter M&G car show/jeep show?

NAXJA is made for all Xj/Mj enthusiates. I'm trying to do this to bring us together as a chapter!!!!
It doesn't matter if you own a stock Xj or a truggy Mj.
I among with others. Just want for us to come together as a chapter.

I am setting the date for April 23rd.
It's a Saturday.
Please post up if you would be able to make that date.
I'm thinking castle rock area so everyone can make it.

Its interesting -- these kind of "panties in a bind" threads (not your fault, Kronik, you're just trying to get the group together...) usually happen in the depths of winter, not in the springtime when enthusiasm starts bubbling up... just an aside.

I haven't made it to a meet and greet in a couple years, but I'd make the effort if one get set up!

Not trying to Poo-Poo on your plans, but I suggest you contact the BOD.

IIRC,
The next official CoChapter quarterly meeting was going to be held in Co Spgs. You might ask about combining your M&G with the meeting.
i dont know who to contact for the meeting, im just trying to get everyone together for an annual M&G. i dont want to interrupt a chapter meeting.....

Its interesting -- these kind of "panties in a bind" threads (not your fault, Kronik, you're just trying to get the group together...) usually happen in the depths of winter, not in the springtime when enthusiasm starts bubbling up... just an aside.

I haven't made it to a meet and greet in a couple years, but I'd make the effort if one get set up!
i know they usually take place in winter. i just think getting the chapter together as a whole before wheeling season gets into full effect!

its more of a pull the chapter together type of thing. something we could do once a year to see how much we grow as a chapter.

Good chance I could make April 23rd, amazingly enough I don't have drill that weekend.

I don't even own an XJ or MJ anymore but I still like them a lot and also just like this CO chapter enough that I keep paying my subscription and hanging around. Not all of us can build our rigs overnight and just wheel the snot out of it. I've spend a good 16 months on mine and finally on April 15-18 I'll be wheeling it for the first time. I'm taking it out to Moab for it's initial run. It's not fully done nor do I have all the parts but it'll be wheelable and as it's my first time going to Moab I have to take the jeep. Just because some of us don't spend more time doing side work then with our families Nd can't do a full build in a month doesn't mean we don't know what were talking about either. I've been a mechanic for over 10yrs now, I actualy make my living doing so. I've been a paid welder/fabricator and still do so at work on top of in my garage. I've owned tons of different vehicles for different purposes so I have a food idea of what works and doesn't work for many different situations. I'm just saying.

I've spend a good 16 months on mine and finally on April 15-18 I'll be wheeling it for the first time. I'm taking it out to Moab for it's initial run. It's not fully done nor do I have all the parts but it'll be wheelable and as it's my first time going to Moab I have to take the jeep.

awesome, Dutch. Keep it "flat green" side up, and have a ball!

dutch, i wish i had your fab skills. that is one thing i wish i would have done more, and i want to do more!
i have dedicated my life to art. i have always loved drawing, but sometimes i regret not being out in the garage with my dad every time he was fixing something. :smoker:
could be because i dont have him anymore and i wish i did!
im 22. its been 9 years since he passed.
thats 9 years of projects we never got to finish.
i had to sell the dune buggy he died in because it hurt to look at it! thats one thing that i was in the garage for everyday! we built it from ground up!
i will have to dig up some pics!
anyway he flipped it 6 and a half times.
so for the past 8 years i have been neck deep in art! i started tattooing when i was 18.
i got my first jeep when i lost my license from having an import:nono:. i traded my honda for my white cherokee.
thats the one that got me hooked!
while working at a tattoo shop, i met a guy with this bad ass cherokee... i tattooed him. we got to talking. and i ended up with his jeep.

i barely have time to wheel it. much less time fix it.
so im not going to tear s**t up.
i know its the nature of wheelin. but im not going to intentionally bash my jeep!
if it happens, it happens.
these are my 2 life motto's.
live life to the fullest, you never know when it will end!
and
S**T HAPPENS

ive had a s***ty life for being 22. but some have it worse.
i am finally to a point where i am living tattoo to tattoo.. not good by any means because i am still in debt, but it gets me by. and thats all that matters.
once i get on my feet and get my own tattoo shop going, i will be able to give my family everything my dad wanted to!
a lot of people dont realize the most important thing in life is family and friends.
i learned this at age 12.

im just sayin, its not worth your time to spend any bit of your limited time being upset or mad at someone for dumb s**t.

a wise man once told me, "keep positive thoughts and positive life is bound to come along"!

rant over.

I've been around for too long not to ever really wheelin with anyone here. So count me in on the April 23rd date. I would love to finally meet some folks. I have met Troy, but pretty sure everyone knows that guy. :laugh:

the bum
:farmer:

Ok. I am going to take suggestions for places to hold it.
I'm waiting on a reply from old man to let me know if we can combine the quarterly chapter meeting with the chapter M&G. I don't know what date they had set for the meeting. But if we can do it on the 23rd with the M&G, that would be perfect!

It will probably be held in Colorado springs.
Trying to keep it family friendly.

Sonic on woodmen and powers has the big parking lot next to it. It has a great view of the peak. Good for group photos.

Any suggestions are appreciated as I will have to go ask the owner if we can hold our M&G there.

Co. Springs (exact location unknown)
April 23rd saturday (the set date)

Well, now you've done it Frank. I'd be down for an Eagle Rock run for sure. I'll just have to see if I can get the Jeep down there. If we do an Eagle Rock run then I vote Culvers, otherwise I vot for the northermost point possible. How about XJ-Grin's house, he has some freshly remodeled bathrooms we could destroy. :D

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep. Culvers sounds nice, and dutch can despoil their bathrooms instead. bastage.

I picture Troy, in a fit of can't-find-a-f/n-emblem-rage, parking the "compensator" on the duster and doing four wheel rockwell burnouts... ;)

Back