• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO chapter M&G car show/jeep show?

i was messing around, making stickers online.
i came up with a few ideas.

if we do 1 annual NAXJA CO chapter M&G per yer.
we could do some stickers for the attending members.
i just didnt put a year on the drafts
naxjastickers.jpg

what do you think?

And once again Mike is dictating that NAXJA and maybe specifically the CO Chapter is....... by his definition...... a club about hard core wheeling. If you ain't out bashing it up, you ain't worth his time.

Mike, please remember. This is an enthusiast site. People who enjoy their XJ/MJ..... regardless if bone stock, being bashed up on trails, sitting as driveway art, painted pink & purple, rollin' on Dubs, or pumpin' the base and sportin' 8 LCD screens......... it's about the XJ/MJ.

It's not Mike's bad ass hardcore 'wheeler's club. :laugh3:

Last edited:
i think the trip on the 17th is a great idea!!! there are trails from easy to hard.
these are the type of chapter trips we need to take!
we could meet up at a set of trails. everyone can split up in the same area, depending on the what each jeep can handle or what they want to run, then we could all meet up once again to B.S. about our trips!!!
then our TRIP REPORTS SECTION and STAGING AREA would be over flowing! everyone would have fun!

we need to see past our differences, otherwise we will never be a true chapter....

Mike, you're just one of many diverse folks that congregate here to talk XJ's. You are no more and no less valuable than anyone else here.

Talk trails, low COG rigs, hard lines, easy lines......whatever. We dig that stuff and those that don't, aren't generally reading about all that anyway.

When someone posts up they'd like to see a M&G and obviously jazzed to see it happen, and you go hardcore poo-poo'ing the idea....... leave it at that. Mike doesn't wanna do a M&G. Ok. Fine. But to lobby AGAINST the M&G? That ain't right.

Are we done with this keerap yet?

Mike, you go get a group to go wheeling on the day of the M&G. Cool?

I'm just not gonna understand how the Chapter Forum isn't satisfying your 'wheeling chat needs..... you post up in the Staging Area forum and talk about trails you wanna do, and get folks jazzed to go along..... then you have the Trail Report forum where you get to talk about the trail you ran, the lines you took, the damage your rig got, post pics of the craziness...... what's not being satisfied????? :dunno:

I'm going to bed.......

Last edited:
i think the trip on the 17th is a great idea!!! there are trails from easy to hard.
these are the type of chapter trips we need to take!
we could meet up at a set of trails. everyone can split up in the same area, depending on the what each jeep can handle or what they want to run, then we could all meet up once again to B.S. about our trips!!!
then our TRIP REPORTS SECTION and STAGING AREA would be over flowing! everyone would have fun!

we need to see past our differences, otherwise we will never be a true chapter....

I like this idea, but if you are talking about Penrose, there is not anything from easy to hard, its more hard to insane.
Someone organize a M&G for sometime middle to the end of April so everyone has time to make sure they have time. A place with good wings or some other kind of meat, a big parking lot, and management that likes big groups of loud jeepers. Me and UM will try our hardest to be there. Somewhere in between the southern guys and the north guys will make it easier for everyone to be willing to attend.

The first "sponsored" M&G at Nordy's actually truned out really good I thought. It was the only one I attended so i can't compare it to the other "sponsored" ones.

It was the only one I went to as well, and I thought it turned out great to as well. I enjoyed it alot. Met alot of new people and had great food.

As far as a M/G Im down. Just give me a time and a place and I shell be there. I think this would be a great idea. Meet some new people, see some nice rigs, and tell some storys. Im in. :D

how about Saturday April 23rd?

mabe in castle rock? i live in the springs so i dont know where any good eats are in castle rock....
any input?

i know sonic sometimes hold car shows... just a thought.

Last edited:
Is there gonna be a car bash???

Just giving you crap about the car bashes we never have at the meet-n-greets we never have. I wouldn't expect you to know any different, but Mike seems to have selective memory.

Like anything else, it depends on what I have going at the time. I've missed a few get-togethers that I really wanted to attend. I expect I won't make it to every event.

Just giving you crap about the car bashes we never have at the meet-n-greets we never have.

Yeah, no one ever seems to show up to any of those...... :rolleyes:

NAXJA011.jpg

NAXJA012.jpg

NAXJA013.jpg

NAXJA021.jpg

NAXJA015.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

Lets do another car crush! i have a brand new sledge hammer that i need to break in :shhh:

I'll be there were ever it is. The last meet & greet that I was at, there where 15-20rigs or more there. It was even better putting a face on members names. (Just how oooold is old_man)

I'd enjoy crawling around under inforaride's Jeep and making fun of toughs modifications he's done. At the same time trying figure out how I could fit those mod's into my jeep build, time line.

I think we should have a meet and greet or maybe just a drop in, say in Grand Junction the day before most of us show up for a Moab club run. So we can see these guys that 4 wheel with all the open country surrounding their city.

I'm also hoping the Durango members and the XJ'ers that hang around on the web with us will come break bread with us during the Colorado fest.

Here, here Kronik!

Not everyone does the same thing with their XJ. That is sort of the point of any car club (which we are, like it or not...) and the differences are what make us strong as a whole. Would I like to be a hard core wheeler? You betcha... However, I'm on SSDI which means a fixed, rather low (relatively) income. I have been collecting used parts for my lift since last June and am nearly ready to move on it. Just waiting for my new LA's to show up. 10 years ago, when I was working as an Engineer, I built my 97 with a 4.6 stroker (aluninium head, 68mm TB), 241OR and a whole host of new goodies. Now, used parts are what I can do.

This sport/hobby is individualistic and to slam anyone for being different is silly at best. I finally went red (was a lurker for years) because I thought it important to support the organization. I tried to make the last M&G, but was ill. On new meds and I hope to get out more, like this proposed M&G.

We live in the Internet world. Web-wheelers abound. Opinions abound. Ignorance is rampant. Does not mean we have to participate in the madness. If someone does not care for what another is doing, then do not do it yourself. You don't like their opinion, OK, let them stew in ignorance.

My XJ is a DD and I am going to run narrow tires. Care to kick me for that? Tell me how I am giving up traction in the rocks? I know all of this. I also know that I have to keep the mileage (yah, I know, XJ and mileage are an oxymoron) up as much as I can.

My rambling point is that we are, as Kronik says, only here for so long. We need to be cohesive not discordant.

And if you don't care for my ravings, nuts to you! On the other hand, I am perfectly willing to listen to your rantings. Most likely will not agree with them...

Sorry guys , I've been meaning to get out one of these days but running a business is hard work .
6-7 day work weeks , two boys and a sick wife , don't think I'll be getting out much .

Am I hard core ? Don't really care , I used to jump out of C-130's in combat serving in the real Army
INF , signed up 5 group SF because I still had a death wish , survived so now the only rush I can get is
to ride a 9 sec bike around a bunch of steel death traps just to get to work .

I have to carry a firearm for fear of my life and my family 24/7 . Never mind the man trying slam me
in prison for nothing .

The last thing I have time for is to go hang out in a parking lot and shoot the breeze , do I want to ?
Sure but I'll have to ask mommy if I can go past the street sign at the end of the street ...

Set the time and date and I'll try and be there thats the best I can do .

Back