• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas party.

jmaxj

NAXJA Forum User
Since i noticed it is now december, anyone have any ideas for what to do for a xmas party? and when?

What's the norm? I could possibly host something with a little planning and notice. Since my location is ~10,000 South and 1772 East in Sandy, it may be central enough.

Well since our Santa is over seas we won't have that. And as for the norm well its been something different every yr. If you want to host it that would save us from finding/renting a place. But I'm open to ideas for any of it. I suck at xmas stuff

Steve, is there a good date that you have in mind?
We could do a potluck type dinner or something...

The 18th is a Tuesday.

Regardless of which weekend you choose, I won't be able to make it. December is a busy month for us. But have fun! :D

oops your right, :doh: guess i need to learn how to read a calendar

And we could always hold off until after the new yr and have a new yr party instead :D

then you could go LOL

True. If we do that, I say we do some snow wheeling and have the party up in the mountains! :party:

Sorry, Derek I did not get back on sooner. I had to go to San Fran. and tow a car my daughter wrecked back to Utah. I blew a GM tranny in Winnemucca coming back. Of course a reman. one had to come from SLC and after they got it in they found another part that needed replacing. Another day. Just got home last night. I'll talk to my better half and get back to you later tonight. Right now, I am on a teleconference with China and I am bored stiff so I'm checking E-mails. It may be done by 9:00 PM and I can head home.

Israel, et al. Assuming I did get elected (Derek sent me an E-mail saying apparently I was), how about an inauguration party for the new BOD either the second or third Saturday (12 or 19th) of January. I could have a pot luck at my house which is very near the Black Bear Diner in Sandy. Or, we could call it a "Day late and a dollar short Christmas and New Years Party." The only problem would be if attendance is more than about 25 people, as my house doesn't have any really large rooms. Let me know what you all think and whether you are available and can attend either or both dates.

Well we do need to have a breakfast, dinner or something sometime when Cory is in town so we can transfer everything to you guys.

Steve, I can confirm that you did win. I'm sorry. :D

I could do breakfast on the 12th. The 12th is my youngest's 4th birthday and we have a party that night for her, so something that night wouldn't work. The 19th we will be in Disneyland, so that won't work.

As Derek mentioned, we need to get with Cory and him to get you access to the chapter's bank account and collect the chapter's swag. Us new guys also need to get together and discuss next year's activities so we can get a calendar posted and people can start planning.

Derek, could you call Cory and see if he would be available for breakfast on the 12th?

I will be sure to be available on the 12th. Or whenever we can get together. I hope I don't have any more unplanned West coast turn-arounds that last six days (3+ in Winnemucca waiting for the van to be fixed).
For future reference, my cell phone is 801.243.5149; my home phone is 801.576.0258; and my work number is 801.565.2877.

Back