• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee front bumper

yeah dude I have a front winch bumper, but that one is sweet and I would have bought one from you before I got mine if you made them.

Thanks, but I'm not planning on building any more of them any time soon. I just wanted to show the original poster that you could build one cheap. But time is money, and I spent a lot of time on it. It still isn't done.

Megawatt said:
Thanks, but I'm not planning on building any more of them any time soon. I just wanted to show the original poster that you could build one cheap. But time is money, and I spent a lot of time on it. It still isn't done.

Very nice. Any more pictures? Front view maybe?

I agree. Can you get a few more pics of that specifically how you attached the mounts to the bumper. I can cut metal and everything so attaching the mouts to the frame isn't a problem, but I"m tryin to find the best way to attach the bumper to the mounts. Thanks man!

00079477.jpg

Here is the scanned image from 4x4 Garage, Jan 06 issue, Page 79

i think the Trail ready bumper is real nice looking. If you got the cash and dont have the time the price difference of $300-$400 over allot of more basic bumpers aint a big deal. Get what makes you happy or proud and gets you on the road not parked in the driveway for a week trying to learn to weld on your first project (not saying you dont know how to weld just an example of not always the build it not buy mantra is not always true).

I know youll have allot more fun wheeling then making booger welds and cussin' a storm in your garage. Plus if you make good money $400 is part of an afternoons work and not worth the hassle. All the more power to you. Post pics when you get it done. :cheers:

Not to mention they put allot of hours engineering it and you would have to test fit remove grind adjust make a few mistakes start over repeat, insert more cussing. This is plug and play. I like to make stuff that no one else makes or something that has to be just so for my ride. If someone else designed it and sells it for a fair price i am not to proud to buy it hasta i make enough money now that i am out of school most stuff if i make myself i actually lose a couple hundred bucks or more. I make way more at my job than i can save welding.

Back