• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

checkin in

copperhead

NAXJA Member #984
Hey guys,

It's been a little while since I last posted. I've spent about a year and a half chasing better mileage with a Subaru outback after my '87 Laredo went up in a blaze. Well, I was recently broadsided in the little 'baru and it's totaled. It was a good car, but not everything. I've been driving my wifes '96 XJ Sport off and on and find that I really miss my old XJ. Part of me wants to buy something new, but the current Jeep line up is disappointing at best.

I'm back in the market for a new vehicle, and am thinking XJ or MJ again. Just not sure if I want to go with an older vehicle as a daily driver @20K miles a year. Nonetheless, we will still have my wifes XJ, she doesn't want to ever let it go.

just saying hi again..

Good to see you back on the radar screen...

The only downside I can think of on an older vehicle as a DD (besides the fact that it puts a lot more parts into the "wear and tear category") is that if you do end up in an accident it'll be real easy for the insurance company to total it, if you have to carry collsion/comprehensive.

Still, 20K per year doesn't seem too bad - is it more highway or stop-and-go?

Back