• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check out this XJ armor

MMIXJ said:
agreed... i don't like this trend...
warn, poison spyder, skid row... everybody's gotta carve their logo out in steel now. :rolleyes:
Rusty's too:
tcase_01.jpg

just cuse pictures make it more fun...

what about 2 door users?

MMIXJ said:
agreed... i don't like this trend...
warn, poison spyder, skid row... everybody's gotta carve their logo out in steel now. :rolleyes:

lol! Blame Brad [Kilby], I think he's the one that started it! C-ROK does it, Rusty's does it, Shrockworks (SWB rocker guards)...

T&A-XJ said:
It would have been nice to go up to the window for more protection like....Jes', but the many unobvious curves in the body to not allow for broke angles as well as a smooth radius to match the body.

I dunno about that. Mine are flat at the tail lights but they follow the body lines perfectly everywhere else. Here's a coouple pics of the ones I made for CRASH...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

...and the abuse mine have seen...
picture.JPG

Jes said:
I dunno about that. Mine are flat at the tail lights but they follow the body lines perfectly everywhere else. Here's a coouple pics of the ones I made for CRASH...
picture.JPG

I believe the difference is you used 12ga material which is alot easier to conform after the material is broke to match the body lines. Doing the same with 3/16" would be much harder to do with the same result. It is possible but not for everyone trying to bolt these on.

I would prefer they be made with aluminum diamond plate and held on with
3-M outdoor double sided foam tape...They sell huge pieces at Ace Hardware...And I agree with xjeeper and that they need to go up higher right under window...I'm not fond of drilling holes in the body of my 97 XJ...I'm going to make my own...Thanks for the idea...

John4wd...

Yucca-Man said:
It's ironic that you say that when using this as your avatar:
But I agree with what you're saying; I suppose if I wanted something carved in the steel on my Jeep it would be MY name, not that of some company.

well the difference is that is a decorative plaque i had made to commemorate the XJ (for the "anniversary" moab bash)... not a branded "product" or part.

fwiw since you brought it up... :D
i still have some of these left for sale if anybody is interested:

http://xtb.com/XJ/plaques/

:cheers:

terry

So what should a guy with flares like mine do? My tj flares are placed maybe 1" under the bend of the body line. Here's a picture that might help understand what I'm saying
DCP_2614.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same set of tail lights that Fatwreck has with my upper 1/4 protection. I got them from www.formattfab.com . They work flawlessly together. Plus you dont need to pull the entire 1/4 guard off to work on the tail lights.

The thor ones actually go under the stock flares. I'm not sure how your aftermarket ones mount, but I imagine you could do the same. And it all else fails, break out the swazall and trim them to fir your needs.

Looks good, the only thing i dont like about these is the THOR word cut out in in, what if mud or water gets through and stays there? Not well designed for canadian weather, same as WARN diff covers, my buddy had one on his TJ, his front diff cover rusted through because of debris/grass/mud being stuck in there.
Before riveting/bolting these or diamond plate on my car, i would put tons of grease in there...

Mounting the plates under the flare isn't really an option for me. The mounting bolts are too close to the edge to try that, but thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking that if I really want some, I'll end up getting the guards that fatwreck has.

Those are awessome! If you are worried about muck getting stuck in the "thor" just put some grease behind it b4 you put them on, oh was your rig after trail rides and you should not have a problem.

Back