• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CheapCherokee's all purpose MJ Build

Very Kool how are you liking the lights I'm torn between hid and LEDs man I was bored on Saturday too.

i think HIDs are more than sufficient. LEDs are too expensive right now too. one thing i wish i would have done though is gotten 1 flood and 1 spot. i got two spots and i have so much light going far but not much on the sides.

did you mount those lights on the factory holes?

haha, yes i did! i was almost going to put them more together in the center, but i actually liked the positioning the stock holes gave. it also made them that much easier to install.

nice looking commache!

why thank you! and theres only one "M" in Comanche ;)

you should drill holes where the "bend" is on the bumper. i have it that way with my lights and it gives me about two more inches of clearance..

you should drill holes where the "bend" is on the bumper. i have it that way with my lights and it gives me about two more inches of clearance..

i think i know what you're talking about. i though about putting them there but i kinda want them tucked back too to keep them out of the way from getting damaged. came fairly close to them in Sandstone canyon a couple times

Looks good, wish I could get a comanche. Someday..

Looks good, wish I could get a comanche. Someday..

Thanks! Just keep your eyes out, maybe you'll find one for a good deal.

so i made a scrap metal run and i found out what the MJ now weighs. Empty with a full tank of gas it weighed in at 3750 lbs without me in it. after i add more armor it should easily hit 4,000 lbs.

an another weird thing, i looked at the first page of this thread and saw how many miles it started out with. i've since put on about 10,000 miles :shocked:

im also approaching the 2 year mark for having purchased it. thats a lot more miles than i thought considering it sat in my driveway getting working on most of the time. It was my DD when it was working though.

I typically find/see them when I have no cash. /= Others are just rusted to poo and I don't have the time/energy to fix all that.

one more picture. credit to Will Slattery

matt1.jpg

Nice MJ. 2-3" and 31s is where I'd like mine to end up. You've done a real nice job with the truck, pics are great too.

Hurry up with that JCR bumper, Matt. I still wanna buy your old bumper. :D

That can be straighted and re enforced " My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." Jeff Spicoli

it found some rocks out in Anza Borrego and well....i'll let the picture do the talking. since its now damaged i'll just give it to you if you still want it.

Hey, I'll take it. :) Thanks. I'll buy you dinner at the next M&G.

Yeah, I'll plan one for this month. Maybe Monday, Feb 25? How does Round Table at
State College/Chapman sound?

Back