• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Decal?

2xtreme said:
I like those also.

What about useing a more typical Jeep color like Olive green and Khaki or similar?

Michael

FOR WHICH PART??? The blue oval outline started out kinda olive/goldish, but wasn't very appreciated, so Willis changed it to blue. Changing the actual Jeep color would be a snap, but might not look good on everyone's fender or bumper... Color all depends on HOW these are actually printed.

Has that been worked out yet? HOW ARE THESE BEING MADE? It's important to know while designing this thing so we know our limitations. (I do this for a living)

I am not sure what you want to know about how they are made. I know we can get them printed as your average sticker. Just like any preformance sticker such as RE, Detroit, Summit or any other one. Does that answer your question? I don't know much about stickers. So what you have done so far is VERY acceptible. IMHO I wouldn't go into too much more detail with your drawns, I like them simple.

Even though people posted that they didn't like the gold, your work is very apprieciated. Thanks

REMEMBER EVERYONE YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR DECALS DONE BY MIDNIGHT FEB 20. Max of 2 per person.

I just prefered the idea of the "jeep" colors (olive and kahki) instead of the blue and red. Anyone can play with them and get an idea, I was just thinking outloud.

On the note of how we want these. Maybe we should consider a vote on what we would prefer (window sticker, bumper sticker, other?) mabye a vote for oval or rectangle also?

The only reason I bring this up is it might help us reduce the total number to choose from.
Personally I have no interest what so ever in a rectangular bumper sticker. however I would really like a oval window sticker. If others feel the same way or different, we should modify our designs to match what the majority want?

Just thougths again,
michael

Hans, have you asked the BOD what is required on a chapter sticker? I know other chapters have gone through this, and since all chapter presidents get on the BOD forum, you will get some input. Seems like when the Sierra Chapter did there's, there was explicit rules as to what was needed. I don't know if it was there rules, or NAXJA's rules. Seems like "NAXJA.org" was required, as was "North American XJ Association". I know the NAXJA lettering must be printed in Tomaha Bold in the correct color. The others, I'm not sure.

Steve

K- here's a couple new ones, thanx for the pic Willis, I think it turned out pretty nice.

JPCHER.jpg

I really like that second one!! Mabe instead of the two lines under "NAXJA" we could put the North American XJ Association?

Very nice!!

theslacker said:
This one is still my favorite. Clean, simple, bold and gets the job done while looking good.

Concur. I like that one second after the round one posted with it originally. I want simple roundies for my fenders. :D

XJourney said:
REMEMBER EVERYONE YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR DECALS DONE BY MIDNIGHT FEB 20. Max of 2 per person.

Is it really limited to two per person? Most of the suggstions were produced by two people adapting designs based on feedback. That would limit our options signifigantly. How will the two from each person be chosen? I came out with three designs that seemed well recieved. Clearafication would be helpfull.

Well the idea of the limit of two was to make the polling easier. If it was unlimited, we would have to do a bracket eliminationer style vote which could take a while, since each poll goes a week.

But since most people I have talked to are dropping out of the decal (contest?) due to the stiff competition and outstanding quality of the few. We MAY change the "two per" limit.

So go ahead and Email me your decals so I can set up the poll later this week.

[email protected]

XJourney said:
Well the idea of the limit of two was to make the polling easier. If it was unlimited, we would have to do a bracket eliminationer style vote which could take a while, since each poll goes a week.

But since most people I have talked to are dropping out of the decal (contest?) due to the stiff competition and outstanding quality of the few. We MAY change the "two per" limit.

So go ahead and Email me your decals so I can set up the poll later this week.

[email protected]

Perhaps not reveal who designed what until AFTER the vote...so as to limit a possible 'popularity' contest?

Problem is there is 9 pages of people showing what they created so it is alittle too late. :twak: :laugh3: Plus we all know that if it was a popularity contest Howard(hards91) would win even though he didn't submit a decal. :wave:

Do I detect I was a topic of discussion at dinner :wierd: .I sure hope not.I`m going to have to do something different. I enjoyed the day.

Well it is Feb 20th so all you decal you created are due. So go ahead and Email me a couple of your favorite ones you created and I will set them up in a poll or polls near the end of the week. So that the masses may vote on them.

Email: [email protected]

Thanks you for all your hard work and great ideals.

Hans

hards91xj said:
Do I detect I was a topic of discussion at dinner :wierd: .I sure hope not.I`m going to have to do something different. I enjoyed the day.

Howard, I can not speak on behalf of the whole group at dinner (there was 14 or more of us there) however, I think that Brian got his fare share of the discussion :)

Actually like most of these groups the majority of conversation was about what we each need to do to our rigs and where we are going next!! I think the overwhelming push was for Evans Creek Or other down farther south.

It was great having you with us, we all enjoyed your company (and red white and blue)!!

Michael

red91inWA said:
are we EVER gonna vote on this thing, or are we all yapping just like our wives?
We will get a poll up soon for Members to vote on.
I have been busy with a very hectic life lately, and have a few things on the back burners... such as a sticker. It will be done, please have patience.

Back