• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Decal?

I'm new... Bremerton Area... Membership application to NAXJA pending. A long version (vice tall) of the one with rain would be great. NAXJA Logo Left w/Rain XJ Front End on right.

What color background? Would prefer something dark or Clear... maybe Red Lettering w/Forest Green Background?

(Gonna bounce around the board and see what I need to do to join the local Chapter)

XJStorm said:
I'm new... Bremerton Area... Membership application to NAXJA pending. A long version (vice tall) of the one with rain would be great. NAXJA Logo Left w/Rain XJ Front End on right.

What color background? Would prefer something dark or Clear... maybe Red Lettering w/Forest Green Background?

(Gonna bounce around the board and see what I need to do to join the local Chapter)

once you pass the security clearance and the body cavity search your good to go.

Good place to upload pics to for display? I did a couple (plagerized from above... ;) ) versions, but don't have a place to upload them so I can do the img tags. They are just quick versions... nothing fancy, and since I don't have the source NAXJA Logo that was used I couldn't do it over green as it didn't work out right.

Here's my ideas based on CW's work. The top one, if used, would look better with shadowing like the NAXJA logo has. I'll also attached a single.

148qyq

148r6f

Last edited:
It's a matter of only having MS Paint, not having the source (and better tools). This was intended to be a basic concept picture of the idea I had for a mod to CW's original. I'm sure CW or someone else could do it better. Did the best I could with basic tools and about 45mins of time.

I just used Paint's cut and drag feature with no background to drop the Northwest Chapter onto the Rainy XJ section.

XJStorm said:
It's a matter of only having MS Paint, not having the source (and better tools). This was intended to be a basic concept picture of the idea I had for a mod to CW's original. I'm sure CW or someone else could do it better. Did the best I could with basic tools and about 45mins of time.

I just used Paint's cut and drag feature with no background to drop the Northwest Chapter onto the Rainy XJ section.

I kind of figured as much, as I saw it was only cut and pasted. ;)

If you're looking for a good tool try The Gimp. http://www.gimp.org/windows/

I have a copy of Photoshop for my photography work, but that was a gift from a friend at Adobe. I use Gimp on a regular basis too, though. Same thing essentially, but it's free.

Thoughts on the Modified design?

I have not had much time to throw any ideas to gether but I was thinking something a little more Cartoon ish. I like the idea of useing the standard Oval sticker with a xj grill as the background (either a pic like the one in the rain in earlier pics or a imitation like the "jeep grill signs" not sure If I can explain very well). Then put the NAXJA name on top and the NorthWest Chapter on the bottom.

My thought is that it is clean and simple.

I do not seem to be able to attach what I have done so far, but I will attempt again later.

Michael

Ok, Here is what I am thinking or along these lines.

Any thoughts,
245819561HxRPKT_ph.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with the clean and simple. It will make a more visual decal.
But I am not sure if red X is the way to go Mike :twak: :laugh3:

I have a friend that can do stickers as well as tee shirts at a reasonable cost. And we don't have to order 1000 of them.

We will have to set a date for everyone who wants to have their pics/ideas in. Maybe Feb 20th?? Then we will set them up and do a vote. How does that sound?

I like the oval one CW. My only concern is the rain on the grill, Not sure how it will look on a sticker. Making it too busy or blurry. Or maybe it is just me.

If anyone wants to know the OFFICAL FONT of naxja it is TAHOMA Bold. That way if you don't want the shadowing you can make your own lettering.

Keep up the good work guys they are looking great. I have half of one started maybe I will finish it. Does anyone know where I could get a good cartoon pic of a cherokee?

When I orginally did the oval I used the "standard Jeep grill" like in my avitar but I wanted the chrokee version but can not find one already done. I am sure there is one available we just need to find or make and then replace the background in the oval with it.

Personally I like the simplicity and cleanliness of the oval.
I also like keeping the original NAXJA name so it is recognizable.

I will try to find some more time to play with a few other ideas also (maybe I need to work on the whole posting issue).

Michael

Here is an updated version of my first suggestion. I do think we should set a deadline for submissions and then they can be put to a vote.

16rmnc

Last edited:
I do like the Oval and I do agree in keeping the NAXJA in the originaly font.

As for Cartoon Cherokees. I have seen some, but can't remember the website. I will see if my brother can come up with something.

Jason

Back