• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage report

blown bottom dr ball joint
blown dr front ujoint
2 rear ujoints
bent zj tierod
tree hunging dents
catilyst pushed threw the floor
broken posilock [found one in the jy for 20 bucks with a cast iron shift fork]

wicked_xj said:
blown bottom dr ball joint
blown dr front ujoint
2 rear ujoints
bent zj tierod
tree hunging dents
catilyst pushed threw the floor
broken posilock [found one in the jy for 20 bucks with a cast iron shift fork]

Did you enjoy NWFest? How was the drive from Jersey? :lickout:

Even though I sadly didnt go, I have some carnage, too:

Mainly, ball joints, which did not allow me to attend this year. 8-(

And, sad because I didnt attend and wheel with some great folks! 8-(

--Karl

1. Left a bunch of blue paint on Aaron's fairlead and shackle.
2. 3 quarts of 20W50.
3. Cazadores party exploder. :anon:
4. Adobe boogers (afraid to look at the air filter ... )

-i

CanMan said:
Nothing.

Didnt even hit the body, or get anymore body damage, imagine that.

Got up to 240* coming back over the pass though.

X's 2 on the super high temps. i never have cooling issues, but boy howdy did i ever on the way home. 4+ hours with the heat cranked, 120* in the cab :bawl:

must have been the dust weighing me down, lol.

aside from that i had a lil issue with my drag link. a slight bend caused it to bind on the stabelizer bolt all day on the trails, causing a few more tree and rock kisses. nothing a few more stickers can't fix though.

:thumbup:

Blkxjkrawler said:
Mud and dust in places I didnt know existed.
x2, I spent a good 2 hours today washing all the mud and debris off the Jeep. I bet a good 50lbs came off of it.

Considering three solid days of wheeling, and 500+ miles of pavement. My Jeep took it like a champ.

- A little bit of slop in the track bar joint
- A few good NW pinstripes added to the sides
- RR bumper cap 98% torn off

Like PJ said... I lost a wheel cylinder in the Moon Rocks area and tore a valve stem on the way down from Moon Rocks. I was also fighting a fueling issue all weekend. Once I added in my backup electric pump I was able to run the rest of the trip with no problems. I have a killer case of concrete boogers.

Thanks again Michael for letting my use your wheel machine! Thanks to everyone for making this a fun weekend.

I'd have to say PJ had more damage from the weekend that the samurai suffered! Thanks Matt for dragging his drunk ass away from the fire!

Later guys!
Tim

1. I lost a driver side u joint.

2. I'm not sure how, but bent the crap out of the drag link.

3. Flooded the driver side floor front and rear, with some custom gravel/mud pin striping, and an unscheduled muddy water pressure wash of the intake/engine.

P1010270.jpg

4. Lost a tire on the trailer. At least we were out of the heat by then.

IMG_0886.jpg

I'm still in the process of cleaning up. No more carpet for starters.

Spinnaker said:
Like PJ said... I lost a wheel cylinder in the Moon Rocks area and tore a valve stem on the way down from Moon Rocks. I was also fighting a fueling issue all weekend. Once I added in my backup electric pump I was able to run the rest of the trip with no problems. I have a killer case of concrete boogers.

So the angry squirrels made it home alright? I must say that I was really impressed by both of the Sammis that were with us. They are perfect for the small tight trails of washington.

You have the Harley Carb to go in right?

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
So the angry squirrels made it home alright? I must say that I was really impressed by both of the Sammis that were with us. They are perfect for the small tight trails of washington.

-Alex

I LOVED both of the Zuks...it sure is nice to see one unmolested by rust let alone two.

John

Ba-Riedo said:

-Alex

Yeah, we made it back over that pass just fine. The sami was running pig rich over the pass. I believe that with the addition of the electric pump it was just getting a bit too much gas... I had a blast running with you guys. I look forward to running a few trails with you again.

I do have a Harley Davidson carb that I intend to install ASAP. I also got a change to drive Mason's sami. His gearing is MUCH better than mine so I plan on mimicking his setup. I was also very impressed with the Buckshot mudders that I was running. I was not sure how well they were going to do but they did great in the rocks.

I just need to get a respirator for playing on the service roads in the future. I have enough concrete snot to pave a few mils of the service roads up there.

Later guys,
Tim

No carnage to speak of, knock on wood.
Jeep Still needs to be cleaned.

Problems came from the cooling system and a bad idle issue on Sunday.
Once the Jeep is cleaned, will take a closer look at the cooling system and do a tune-up.

Michael mentioned there were conversations of tapping into the temp sender to run a toggle switch for the fans? Simple enough. Anything problems I should know about ahead of time?

All in all i did very well...
Broke the CB antenna off at the bracket (thanks Alex for your old-semi broke one... actually works pretty well =)...)

Add a blemish on the drivers side back seat door handle and a dented rain gutter jsut above that.

thats about all. Had a great time out with you all and was very happy with the Jeep, was only the 3rd time wheeling it, and first without bald stocksized tires =) Hoping to see you all again soon. Thinking about checking into Evans Creek ;)

Thanks again for all the fun guys!!!

Ed

My short list:

Further scored my MTRs from excessive stuff, further bumper trimming required.

Lost my hockey puck bumpstop in the driver's front stuffing the crap out of the suspension at Moon Rocks, got back half of the pucks (thanks Hans, and thanks for the floor mats also)

Other than that, filled every crevice with mud and dust, it was ridiculous. Scraped and swept half a 5 gallon bucket's worth of mud in the driveway, rinsed about the same amount down the big drain the builder was kind enough to put there. Took a good 2 hours to clean all of that crap off.

Never overheated, but the pass on the drive home was a 240 degree affair near the top. It cools off remarkably quick once you summit.

Ba-Riedo said:
Cooling system is pretty much shot
Knocked out a mirror (still intact though)
Took alot of paint off my flares and tree sliders
Put a hole in the sidewall of one of my BFG's
Destroyed my centering pin on the drivers side rear leaf which moved the whole axle and bent up a shock pretty good.

Wheeling is awesome :D
-Alex

so you made it home ok then... wingnuts are a life saver!

i actually came out pretty unbroken, lots of dirt and dust though
-i lost one bracket on a front fender and some cuts on the new tires

thanks carl for the springs

1. Split the sidewall of my rear tire.
2. Killed my engine for about an hour
3. Removed some paint from my roof slider
4. Removed some skin from scratching so damn much after being attacked by a killer swarm of death skeeters from hell.

Back