• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage report

1. TPS was proven fried...ordering a new one.
2. Rear leafs inverted...thank god for new lift packs.
3. Front springs done...like an inch till they touch the bumpstops.
4. Put a few good scratches underneath my Jeep.
5. Need to clean the whole damn interior, after I powerwashed the outside for 10min. (Still a crap load of mud on the outside though)

Obviously not quite the damage some people got...but I didn't go on any of the real trails.

Last edited:
Muddy Beast said:
1. TPS was proven fried...ordering a new one.
2. Rear leafs inverted...thank god for new lift packs.
3. Front springs done...like an inch till they touch the bumpstops.
4. Put a few good scratches underneath my Jeep.
5. Need to clean the whole damn interior, after I powerwashed the outside for 10min. (Still a crap load of mud on the outside though)

Obviously not quite the damage some people got...but I didn't go on any of the real trails.

How tall of a front spring do you need?

I believe Muddy Beast said he had a 3" full kit sitting in the garage minus a spring bushing. He just couldn't get it installed due to lack of time for the part to arrive.

I broke a fan shroud and my front driveshaft needs service now.
My nephew`s xj had issues with running ,hotgas vapor-lock, damaged wires for O2 sensor and broke something in the D35 that put a hole in the cover from the inside.
Thanks for the Invite to dinner John, I was planning to stop by but with the problems we headed for home ,didn`t know if I would be towing another over the pass {Range Rover thing-for Mr M 2extream} I did see a couple of the groups on Kaner Flat and Menashtash towards Quartz Mt ,couldn`t get there SNOW .

hards91xj said:
didn`t know if I would be towing another over the pass {Range Rover thing-for Mr M 2extream} .

Talk about old memories! That seems like a lifetime ago!

I missed seeing you.

Michael

fubar XJ said:
I believe Muddy Beast said he had a 3" full kit sitting in the garage minus a spring bushing. He just couldn't get it installed due to lack of time for the part to arrive.

yup...that was my case. I received the bushing for the leaf today though, installing the front springs tomorrow, and taking my rims down to costco to get my new tires put on (I'm going to say their going on a bronco, so they'll put 31's on my Jeep rims). Then hopefully Thursday I'll get my rear leafs on and my new front tow points (courtesy of Andy, the Canadian fella) and maybe even spray paint the new gas tank skid red and put that on. Then this weekend I'll test her out on some local trails. :loveu:

Matt_West said:
No damage this time through.
Shouldn't your muscles be sore from lifting all of those raffle prizes?:)

Muddy Beast said:
yup...that was my case. I received the bushing for the leaf today though, installing the front springs tomorrow, and taking my rims down to costco to get my new tires put on (I'm going to say their going on a bronco, so they'll put 31's on my Jeep rims). Then hopefully Thursday I'll get my rear leafs on and my new front tow points (courtesy of Andy, the Canadian fella) and maybe even spray paint the new gas tank skid red and put that on. Then this weekend I'll test her out on some local trails. :loveu:
Cool, Have fun, and dont go out alone.
You get that trans problem sorted?
-Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
Cool, Have fun, and dont go out alone.
You get that trans problem sorted?
-Ryan

Oh no worries, this is the type of stuff that's inbatween the high school and the local coffee shop type of local...it can only go so far till you circle around or reach the highway.:clap:

And as for the tranny, well enough to drive it home. Getting a new TPS soon, and hopefully that will do the trick, if not I'll look into other solutions.

Glad to hear you made it the rest of the way home.

Mc2KXJ said:
Glad to hear you made it the rest of the way home.

Yeah, and thanks for your help (amungst others) and for following me incase I got in a tough spot!

:worship:

Not a problem. Just remember to pay if forward to someone else in need in the future. Great meeting you too!

Mc2KXJ said:
Not a problem. Just remember to pay if forward to someone else in need in the future. Great meeting you too!

Of course, I believe in the whole "treat others how you would like to be treated" deal. And I believe helping someone in need falls into that category.

:wave:

My carnage consisted of overheating( mud in Radiator fins) and I managed to bend my front bumper and bent my left front bead lock ring.
IMGP0051.jpg

IMGP0052.jpg

and the bumper is DOM.

You forgot your rear bumper and bedside from the quarry I do believe. (unless I'm crazy, you smacked them pretty good. Thanks again with the help on the o2 sensor.

mojojojo said:
X's 2 on the super high temps. i never have cooling issues, but boy howdy did i ever on the way home. 4+ hours with the heat cranked, 120* in the cab :bawl:

must have been the dust weighing me down, lol.

aside from that i had a lil issue with my drag link. a slight bend caused it to bind on the stabelizer bolt all day on the trails, causing a few more tree and rock kisses. nothing a few more stickers can't fix though.

:thumbup:

so i think i found the cause of the steering issue today. i started noticing a "knock" on the passenger floor board the other day. figured it was a shock or CA joint coming loose. so today i decided to crawl under and have a look around. HOLY CRAP !!!! half my TnT belly pan was hanging off the frame ! passenger side both bolts were more than half way worked out of the frame causing the crossmember to hang down about an inch on that side. 2 grade 8 bolts completly mangled ! :doh: this may explain why the bumps felt sooooo bad at NWFest also, hmmmm.

anyway, i replaced both bolts, gooped on some locktite and she drives like a cadilac again, well.....almost. :spin1:

Good call on the loose hardware check. I checked my stuff last night as I was doing a routine, found my u-bolts needed tightening. It wasn't "loose" per se, but I got almost a full rotation out of the nuts before they clicked off at 75 ft lbs. I hadn't checked 'em since about the third run after I installed the suspension in October. Check 'em, they may need tightening.

Back