• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can You Fit A 32x11.50 On A 15x7?

XJ-1

NAXJA Forum User
I've never tried it, just wondering if anyone else has done it? I have a '99 XJ Classic with a 4.5" RE superflex kit, with 15X7" rockcrawler streetlocks, and I now have a set of 31x10.50 SS SSr's. I want to go to a MTR (32x11.50) is about the same measurements. Any suggestions?

Just run less air pressure. You will have to experiment, but I would guess you would be about 24ish.

I have a RE 3.5 with 32" MTR's. I run 25 to 28 on an 8" rim, depending on driving and outside temp (25 around town in winter, summer 28 highway, etc.) Rotate very often.... I have the place I bought the tires change my oil, they rotate em for free.

Do a search on air pressure's. From 20 min of driving and checking psi increase, to chalk, to water, etc.

Jason

Good rule of thumb...run a rim that is 3-4" narrower than your tire width. So an 11.5" wide tire will do well on a 7-8"rim. A 12.5" wide tire will do well on an 8"...some run 10 but I think that;s too wide. etc etc etc.

32.11.50 on a 15x7, worked great!! just went to 33's

rear1.jpg

You'll be more than fine running 11.50's on a 7" rim. When I had my 33 x 10.50's on my 8" rims, I used to pop the bead every know and then. Now that I have gone 12.50, they don't pop and I can run less air pressure offroad. 7" to 11.50" is roughly a 4" difference just like an 8" rim to a 12.50.

You can run them on 7" just run the lower press. if you dont you will get premature wear in the center of the tread.

can you use a 33x10.50 with a stock rim or will the lack of back spacing let the tire rub.i have 31x10.50 now and have lots of room do you think the extra inch on either end make that much diff.

honda12 said:
can you use a 33x10.50 with a stock rim or will the lack of back spacing let the tire rub.i have 31x10.50 now and have lots of room do you think the extra inch on either end make that much diff.

33x10.5 on stock rims rub on my lower control arms. just adjust your steering stops.

32x11.5 didn't fit on my stock rims because they rubbed on my rear springs.

thanks for the info kernel. my 31x10.50s used to rub untill i put rubicon express lower control arms on. now i have lots of room they use a round tube instead of the flimsy stock set up.

Back