• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bunch of stuff need to go

Eddie G.

<- My Grocery Getter :)
The neighbors are screaming at me to clean up my mess in the garage. Help!! I don't want to deal with craig's list.

I have these for free :clap: to a good home:

a. 1 rear bumper, black, fits up to 96.

b. 1 rear seat (lower part only), gray. Should fit all years.

c. 1 headliner board, gray, very dusty, but useable.

d. 1 homebuilt (not by me) tubed front bumper that is not completely square, but can be fixed.

e. 1 stock 96 exhaust manifold that needs welding.

---------------------------

And these for a very little fee :eyes:. Email/PM me to discuss. Give me an offer. Am not in it to make money, but don't want to lose my shirt either. Not looking for trades.

f. 2 front doors, white, manual, from JB's old MJ. Fits XJ up to 96.

g. 2 rear doors, green, electric, fits up to 96.

h. Rear overhead speaker thingy for pre-97. Dusty, but otherwise in good shape.

i. 16x7 rims with tires (have to check the state of tires).

j. Cat converters out of 2002 (I think) Mustang GT (2.25" in/out).

k. WJ brake conversion setup (rotors and calipers only) that I bought from Mike Rollins. Rotors are rusty, but usable. $40 cash will take these off my hand.

l. Alumiflex rod with stock tierod ends installed in it.

m. New A/C compressor for the 88 XJ.

n. Possibly the 88 XJ - to someone who's willing to finish/fix it. Not part it out. Does not have front axle or radiator. Rear is 8.25 (yes, 8.25, not D35). Will need a new steering box (I may have one - have to check). About 210k on engine. New cat and muffler. I spent a lot of time on it and engine ran fine before I parked it 3 years ago. Has a bunch of new parts in the engine bay, including a new balancer, cleaned up valve cover and new vacuum lines.

o. And last one... breaks my heart to let this one go, but life is taking me elsewhere..... my silver/black 98 Mustang GT convertible with 170K miles on the engine. Lowered springs, Bilstein/Edelbrock shocks, Cobra front brakes with Brembo rotors. Corners and stops like crazy. Has a booboo on the passenger side door & rear quarter-panel. Pretty it up, or keep it like that, throw in a roll cage and take it to the race track, or use it as a donor for one of those Factory-5 kits. I am original owner and she is still my daily driver. Gets about 25mpg on the fwy at 70mph. Clear title. Asking very low $$$ for this. Email me for list of bads and goods and photos.

Thanks...Eddie
email: silentlight on gmail

pics of the tube bumper?

how much for the 88? is this streetable, or would it be a desert runner only? half price day is coming in 3 weeks at the PAP. front axle, radiator, and stuff to finish wouldnt be to bad to get it going.

Last edited:
I am in West LA near I-405 and I-10.

All pix in a day or two. I am juggling long work days, etc.

Mustang was a real nice girl getter and has a lot of memories, but it needs to go so I can get a car with better mileage (I drive a lot) and easier on my aging back. Am thinking either Jetta Wagon TDi or Audi A3 TDi.

Clarification about the a/c compressor... it is new in the box. I just need to find where I put the box! It was a last second adder to the list. I paid $275+shipping for it, and I like to recover a good part of it, or it will go to ebay. So, for some it may not sound like a bargain. Apologies for steering you wrong.

About the 88XJ, this is what I PMed to another fellow here.....

"The best to do is if you pass by West LA, just give me a heads up and stop by and take a look and see for yourself. Will try to find some pix in the next couple of days. It's under car cover and I will get pretty dusty trying to remove it.

"First thing I need to do is get rid of the junk around and in front of it to be able to move it.

"It has a Loredo package.

"Here's what I remember from a couple of years ago... It's a fixer upper, with a good amount of work I have put into it. It will need a radiator, battery and front axle and tid bits that go with it to be movable. And need to change out the oil pan seals to stop it form leaking. When I bought it 3 years ago, it didn't pass smog. But after I cleaned up the valve cover, changed vacuum lines, changed muffler and cat converter it passed the smog with flying colors. My plans were to make it a jeepspeed, but it fell thru because of lack of time. I drove it for a while and it drove really nice till steering box went out. I think I changed out the steering box after that, but don't remember it.

"At the moment it has a non-operational tag. I will sell it as is (ie. smog is on the buyer). Am thinking $600 for it"

Last edited:
Eddie!!!!! What's up buddy? Haven't seen you around in maybe four years?

whats up w/ the stang? i really dont know what "Asking very low $$$ for this" means when talking about mustangs, but id love to hear more about it, hows it run?

Hey Johnny!! How are ya?!! You married? Kids? Grand kids?!! :) Good to hear from old pals. What's with the big MJ in your avatar?!

I have been working long crazy hours. No time whatsoever to deal with the XJ.

You're a funny guy Eddie. :moon: Not much has changed, except for the MJ. Glad you're still around and still have the XJ.

My bandwidth is terribly slow. Off to bed after this. Gotta be at job site early in am.

The mustang is a 98 GT convertible. It had a brush off with the rear bumper of Santa Monica Blue Bus whose rear end was sticking out in my lane. No damage to the bus. Cosmetic damage to passenger side door and quarter panel. No damage to the frame. I found a door on ebay for $100 plus $160 shipping from FL. I am sure for somebody who likes to shop PAP, it can be found cheaper locally. I am driving it without fixing it. So much easier to change lanes on the fwy with a damaged door. Nobody wants to mess with it :)

I just remembered scratch on the bumper too when I stopped by a few years ago to help an ungrateful XJ owner fix his rig. I scraped the bumper to his garden wall and all he did was go in defensive mode!!

It's lowered 30mm. Springs are Vogtland progressive rate and Bilstein shocks up front. Single-rate with Edelbrocks rear. They ride better than the stock. New axle bushings. Re-built rack and pinion and rear GT calipers. Rebuilt front 2002 cobra calipers with big rotors. New Ford Racing LCAs. 2001 GT 17" rims. Looks good and 17" tires are so much cheaper than 18". And GTs have LSD rear axles. Engine is stock. Mufflers are Dynomax Superturbo.

Runs great on 88 octane. Oil change every 5k miles. According to the insurance appraiser it goes about $4K-$6K. I am thinking of asking $2000 so it will give buyer room to get her fixed up if they desire so. So that you know, I paid $36K for her new at the dealership :(

Yup, still have the speaker thingy. PM me what you think is a fair offer. I have been removed from market for a while. Btw, no speakers.

Add to the freebie list:

A stock rear drive shaft out of 96 Classic 4WD.

Back