• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built Transfer Case 231J W/ Tera Low 2/W low Advaced SYE

Big Bear

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 231J with a Tera Low, 2 wheel Low, and advanced adapters heavy duty slip yoke eliminator installed. This case has been completely gone through and has less than 5000 mile on it scence the Tera components where installed. It dose leak from the front seal but shouldn't be to hard to fix. This is still in my Jeep right now, but I am planning on pulling it in the next week.
$1200

Giving local guys the first chance at this. It is a great deal for all that is included. Make me some offers...

Israel said:
Must... resist... temptation... to spend... money.... I don't really have!

My brain said that I would like it, but because of other purchases on my Jeep, Garage, and Baby my wife so nicely said #$%$&&$%$&^^&&^(^*&^&*^%@%$%$%^& :flamemad: NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

hey i paced around the room a bit and had to force FORCE my self not to say how much shipped to 39202! i would love that 4:1 231 in place of my 231... oh but the woes in life... great deal someone will pick it up for sure

I presently have a 242 behind an AW4, do you know if it is a direct replacement or willit require changes to input/output, crossmember, ect...:explosion ??

DS-Dewey said:
I presently have a 242 behind an AW4, do you know if it is a direct replacement or willit require changes to input/output, crossmember, ect...:explosion ??
I will try and find out if it will work for sure. As far as I know it should. I know that guys swap 231's in all off the time in place of a 242. This case is out of a 1997 Cherokee in case you want to do some searching as well.

DS-Dewey said:
What year is your jeep?

If its a 91 or newer you are golden....will be a direct swap. If its older then 91 you need to replace the input gear of the tcase.

DrMoab said:
What year is your jeep?

If its a 91 or newer you are golden....will be a direct swap. If its older then 91 you need to replace the input gear of the tcase.

It's an 88, & do you mean input shaft? Like different length, diameter, spline count, ect... ,if so does someone make some sort of adaptor??:eyes:

DS-Dewey said:
It's an 88, & do you mean input shaft? Like different length, diameter, spline count, ect... ,if so does someone make some sort of adaptor??:eyes:
you would have to replace the input gear on the T case or output on the tranny the are a different spline count on the 90 and older than the 91+

Back