• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

booooooo Myth Busters

I'm assuming you're talking about the episode that just aired where they tried to make an XJ flip endo by hitting the hood/front with a weight, smashing the nose down into the pavement?

Didn't see the whole episode, but I noticed the "test" vehicle they were setting weight on had the catalytic converter stripped. Tail pipe hanging loose, in front of the muffler? Guessing it was a junker to begin with.

Did they at lest get one to flip over?

I'm assuming you're talking about the episode that just aired where they tried to make an XJ flip endo by hitting the hood/front with a weight, smashing the nose down into the pavement?

Didn't see the whole episode, but I noticed the "test" vehicle they were setting weight on had the catalytic converter stripped. Tail pipe hanging loose, in front of the muffler? Guessing it was a junker to begin with.

Did they at lest get one to flip over?

Just saw this comment.... same episode I'm talking about.

The only one that looked like it was worth saving was the white one in the surfboard episode. I would almost go to say they probably got them all from the junk yard and where C for C vehicles. One was obvious it was missing the engine just from how high the front sat.

It was painful to watch, but more then likely the xj's they used had major issues. and if not they have done worse to more rare cars. it's just what happens in a show like that.

They've destroyed a few cars that I've owned on that show (well, the same model of cars I've owned anyway).

The Lexus commercial re-make where they dropped a BMW E34 from a helicopter made me cringe. Then the Miata spy car show ended up with a few being hacked apart (although they were all automatics, so no huge loss there) and their rampant XJ destruction as of late. I'm sure there are probably some older episodes where they killed off an E30 or two.

I wish it could be all J-Bodies and Azteks, but such is life.

The one where the crashed the Plymouth Fury was the one that hurt me the most.

I think NAXJA should send an official letter of "cease and desist" on the XJ destruction--make it funny and maybe it will get mentioned on the show!

On the contrary I think we should tell them which ones to destroy... just check craigslist for the most miserably rusted, swiss cheese hoopties with wrecked engines!

And the boooooo's continue. As a fan of vintage Chryslers, I wasn't too thrilled with the destruction of the old Imperials. It pained me to hear that the Green Hornet movie burned through 27 of them for production.

I had to laugh when Tory sprayed ether into the "carburetor" of the fwd Caddy they cut in half.

Still, I like the show. Even my two year old says "Busters!" when he sees it.

i like watching them destroy cars it is very entertaining, and the fact that they do alot of XJs makes it that much more entertaining to me haha

i like watching them destroy cars it is very entertaining, and the fact that they do alot of XJs makes it that much more entertaining to me haha

Dude! That's just plain wrong.

It pained me to hear that the Green Hornet movie burned through 27,...
...,how about the sheer number of Chargers that were destroyed so you could see Jessica Simpson in a bikini?

Back