• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Birmingham/Bama Meet and Greet?

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
BruceB83 said:
Guys, sorry I'm not complaining about driving 2 hours...I know you guys did to the last meet. I was just thinking this would be a local M&G event for us people immediately around Atlanta. I don't think we have enough of those...I want to meet these guys who live close to me whom I never see. Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to this at all...I was just originally thinking more of a local meet to where everybody could get to in like 45 minutes or something. When I hung out with the Suby guys we would all just meetup at random during the week or plan something short notice and meet up and have a cold one or something. I'd like to have more of that going on around here!

Anyways, I'm liking the cookout idea! We could play cross the beaver pond in our Jeeps!!! Haha...just kidding.
I pulled this out of the other post...because I like it. I think we need a local gathering over here! When I was in the Audi Club...the only action was in Atlanta....no reason it has to be that way with Jeeps! Surely we have enough members in or around the Birmingham area for a meet and greet and or trail ride??

Kudzu...how many locals to we have? We tried a jeep show at a dealer some years ago...maybe another attempt?
Any ideas? Location? Date?
Lets get it on the Calendar!:viking:

Best I can tell from the roster.we've got 12 in AL and I know 3 of those are north of me.

I'm all up for it...just a meet and greet with grub or Morris Mountain, gray rock

Anyone interested in meeting at the XRRA event at Grayrock on the 19th of April??? Last years event was interesting....but there will be no trail riding on the day of the event.
http://www.grayrockorv.com/

I'll be in woodstock, GA on the 19th

ill be at gray rock that weekend watching. i am game for a meet and greet...my cousin and i would love to bring our xjs down for some ridin... if its just a meet then ill possibly leave my xj at home...just dont feel like loading it up for just a meet and greet...but ill drive my vdub party1:

ChuckstrPT said:
Anyone interested in meeting at the XRRA event at Grayrock on the 19th of April??? Last years event was interesting....but there will be no trail riding on the day of the event.
http://www.grayrockorv.com/
Sounds like a good time. I'll drive to show you Bama' boys and girls that we DAWGS will travel!

jpony645 said:
Dang it! I've already promised the family a car show/flea market day on the 19th.
Where's the Car Show?? Maybe we could meet there....my son is big into car shows....and his younger sister just follows him around!:sunshine:

well, looks like my son wants to go to the rock racing.....anyone else game??party1:

i would love to do a meet and greet, but i'm going to be in atl the 19th. lets do a different weekend since most of us can't go then......any other ideas besides the 19th?

Any weekend in May is good EXCEPT the first weekend.....

I'm finally gonna pay my dues and become a member sometime this week and I'm from Cullman and in school at Bama and would love to come to this.

Okay...next question..Where y'all want to meet?

Any events going on in May? Any car shows? Outdoor type events that we could coordinate with? Or do we want a trail ride somewhere? I'm open for anything. I haven't checked the calendars at Morris Mtn, or Grayrock...are there any other public places? Anyone have some land they would like to host a BBQ/cookout on?
oh, and I lied....I'm booked the whole weekend of the 3rd, as well as Sat the 31st. The 24th is Memorial weekend, isn't it? So how about either the 10th or 17th weekends....I'm open Sat or Sunday. We could just meet at a Sonic for a meal.....we need a somewhat central locale....and good traffic flow is always good to stir up some interest:D

You gonna let these Gawgiah boyz show you up?:looser:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=950930

Lets get it going on.....Roll Tide.....or something like that

How about we start it in Birmingham, and rotate it around.....Gadsden...Auburn....Huntsville.....where ever...I like a good Road Trip!party1:

lets go on a ride so i can bring my xj along....if we are just gonna meet then i wont bring it cause its a pain to hook up the trailer and tow it somewhere.

lets go on the 10th? or 11th?

my jeep has never been to morris or grayrock so either is fine with me.

I am open either the 10th or the 17th

I don't care what we do..my rig is stock and maybe lifted 3" by them ( life has majorly got in the way of working on the rig)

No events at Morris Mountain either weekend if we want to go...

Anyone been here??
http://www.mountainsideoffroadpark.com/
I haven't. I'm always up for something new!
Do we need a wrenching party at your house, Kudzu?? I think it took me one night by myself to get 3 inches under my rear end....and me and a buddy doing the front in a day......I bet we can git er done!:sunshine:
Hey, do you need any RS9000's for a three inch lift- per Rancho--they were a little short for my three inches.....:viking:

ChuckstrPT said:
Anyone been here??
http://www.mountainsideoffroadpark.com/
I haven't. I'm always up for something new!
Do we need a wrenching party at your house, Kudzu?? I think it took me one night by myself to get 3 inches under my rear end....and me and a buddy doing the front in a day......I bet we can git er done!:sunshine:
Hey, do you need any RS9000's for a three inch lift- per Rancho--they were a little short for my three inches.....:viking:

id be game for a wrenching party...i installed a 4.5" RC lift on an xj in 6 hours. with a McDonald's big mac break for lunch..

anyways...now we just need to get more folks to come...ill get my sister and her bf to come with his tj on 33s. i am in the process of building the sliders right now for my xj and they will need to be tested so morris is fine with me.

Back