• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bill Moore / Mill Creek Sat 11th snowy run!

Dammaaaat! I've been waiting for you to take out that LS so I could put it in my standby axle, and put the D-35 on standby.

You can still have it Hypoid :cheers: I am not going to run it as I have to have a new carrier anyway for 4.56's.

Workin on a budget, I would go Auto rear LSD front. An Aussie(lunchbox) or Detroit (if you can afford) in the rear and Trutrac up front would power you through stuff like in your pic! If you decide selectable, ARB is the shizznitt and OX is a close second. I have friends runnin the Eaton-E and the Auborn Ected, they seem to work very well but time will tell.
I am going to start my super 30 build really soon and when I do the swap, there will be LP 4.88 gears, Trutrac LSD and 27 spline chromo inners for sale cheap!

I still run the prob of having a non-disco HP30, the truetrac might not have the greatest road manners!

......hey I need front hub conversion from warn you got one of them for sale Raptor? :shhh:

I still run the prob of having a non-disco HP30, the truetrac might not have the greatest road manners!

......hey I need front hub conversion from warn you got one of them for sale Raptor? :shhh:

Actually the road manners are very good, I cannot even tell the thing is there, the one thing I really do like about the Trutrac!! If it were not for the fact that I like to get vertical with my Heep, I would keep it.

Hub conversion........what hub conversion...:dunno:;)

Actually the road manners are very good, I cannot even tell the thing is there, the one thing I really do like about the Trutrac!! If it were not for the fact that I like to get vertical with my Heep, I would keep it.

Hub conversion........what hub conversion...:dunno:;)

.......well when you get to selling it let me know..........hopefully not too soon though. I is a broke arse guy :rattle:

.......well when you get to selling it let me know..........hopefully not too soon though. I is a broke arse guy :rattle:

The way things go for me soon will be just before Spring time:D No worries, when it is available I will give ya first dibs.

I forgot to mention for those that went on the run on Labor Day Weekend that when we stopped at the Empire Hilton we found the same cooler outside with eggs, milk, juice, etc. still there. Kind of disgusting ...............

I wonder if it gets randomly replaced and it is outside only because of the bear and they do not want it inside the cabin?

Jawa2021
Yeah, letting her drive wasn't a very bright idea... My wife has wanted to trade her car in for a while and has talked about a Wrangler - now she's set on it. Like I really need TWO rigs to work on!
You gonna let her get a used TJ or a new JK? Well you will be able to have your own wheeling caravan's then! :D

Did you show her the videos of her?

Last edited:
She'd really like a 4 door JK, but I'd much prefer a TJ. We won't be doing anything until next spring/summer, so we'll see then.

Yup, showed her the videos and she thought they were cool. She keeps reminding me that from now on I'm going to have to give her a little time behind the wheel when we go wheeling. What have I done?!? :eek:

She'd really like a 4 door JK, but I'd much prefer a TJ. We won't be doing anything until next spring/summer, so we'll see then.

Yup, showed her the videos and she thought they were cool. She keeps reminding me that from now on I'm going to have to give her a little time behind the wheel when we go wheeling. What have I done?!? :eek:

I have seen Ulimited/LJ Rubicon's like DOTCOM's for around $18,000 or so and that would be a perfect setup between a TJ and a new JK. The longer length like the XJ but with 4:1 transfer case, 4:10's, lockers, 32's all stock. All you need to do is add armor and a mild additional lift and run 33's. .....and you loose the brand new price tag. :D

Once again guys what a great day. Well at least all but my pucker moment. Thanks again Skully. Next weekend I will be ordering my new bumper! I agree with Jawa fully what have we dont by letting the girls drive. O well its ok we have been waiting for a good excuse to get her a new vehicle. I think it will be a TJ. Also Jawa Aaron was a great addidtion to the wheeling party!
The Huge group of newbs that looked totally dumbfounded when I started to drive through them!
SD530603.jpg

Airing Down
SD530605.jpg

SD530617.jpg

Jawa on the way up
SD530610.jpg

Hugo and Skully before Hugo took off
SD530611.jpg

SD530618.jpg

Dont ask
SD530621.jpg

Jawa Flex
SD530616.jpg

My nice modified bumper
SD530629-1.jpg

SD530640.jpg

Also Jawa Aaron was a great addidtion to the wheeling party!

Thanks! I appreciate you guys being willing to take a break in the middle of the day to let him run about for a while. He does great as long as he can stretch his legs a bit.

xjboy said:
Jawa Flex
SD530616.jpg

Wow! I need to trim more... or finally install my extended bumpstops.

Once again guys what a great day. Well at least all but my pucker moment. Thanks again Skully. Next weekend I will be ordering my new bumper! I agree with Jawa fully what have we dont by letting the girls drive. O well its ok we have been waiting for a good excuse to get her a new vehicle. I think it will be a TJ. Also Jawa Aaron was a great addidtion to the wheeling party!

.....Aaron was wheeling all over the place, and had some rock rash to show off :laugh:

What bumper did you order?

Great to have you along XJboy, now you can get Jen a Jeep too and work on it as well :greensmok

Found out who the group was that went up with all those heeps.......

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617408

Its was a group from jeepforum.com and ArloGuthroJeep was in it and he knows better :laugh: ........he is on the colorado4x4.org board and a huge supporter of trail clean up and access as well......he is a good guy......however..........you can see from the very first picture posted how they didn't leave very much room for anyone to get by............have to go find him and :twak: up side the head for teaching youngins how to take up the entire trailhead :D

XJboy.......some were noobs but after seeing that thread most were not.........but if you think of it we were all noobs once :cheers:

They even got a shot of Hypoid's mommy mobile doing the poser thing...................

Last edited:
Take it from me....... Having your woman with you and wanting to participate is a good thing!! My soon to be X-wife hated my Heep, got pissed everytime new parts showed up at the door and only went wheelin once in the almost 9 years we were together!! As it stands now I is a jealous arse fella........:eye:

.....Aaron was wheeling all over the place, and had some rock rash to show off :laugh:

What bumper did you order?

Great to have you along XJboy, now you can get Jen a Jeep too and work on it as well :greensmok
I am not sure of the bumper yet, due to low funds most likely the iron scorpion one although, since i have to buy the longer mounting brackets for it it may just be cheaper and easier to buy one that is ready to bolt on. Plus Jenn is quiting her job today so unless she can find a new one fast money will be REALLY tight.

This should be a photo contest with; "What am I saying right here?"

"XJboy, does these pants make my arse look too big?"
I was thinking more "Watch me light my cig with this match that I will light up on my arse!"
Take it from me....... Having your woman with you and wanting to participate is a good thing!! My soon to be X-wife hated my Heep, got pissed everytime new parts showed up at the door and only went wheelin once in the almost 9 years we were together!! As it stands now I is a jealous arse fella........:eye:

Sorry to hear that Raptor. I know how it feels. Jenn acts like she hates my heep and the money I put in it, but after Saturday she knows why we all do it.

I am not sure of the bumper yet, due to low funds most likely the iron scorpion one although, since i have to buy the longer mounting brackets for it it may just be cheaper and easier to buy one that is ready to bolt on. Plus Jenn is quitting her job today so unless she can find a new one fast money will be REALLY tight.

Iron Scorpion ones are cool and even with the reinforcement brackets it will still be cheaper than JCR's with shipping. The "Some assembly required" is why the Iron Scorpion is cheaper. :rolleyes:

The offer still stands on helping you weld it up!

Iron Scorpion ones are cool and even with the reinforcement brackets it will still be cheaper than JCR's with shipping. The "Some assembly required" is why the Iron Scorpion is cheaper. :rolleyes:

The offer still stands on helping you weld it up!

Thanks! But then again you should since you destroyed it in the first place. JK JK it was either that or roll. Plus I needed the excuse to get a REAL bumper. I am just surpised the only damage I got from the tree was loosing my end cap. I thought it would be way worse!

Back