• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bill Moore / Mill Creek Sat 11th snowy run!

Hey guys, I'd be up for that if I can figure out what's going on with my rig tonight. If anyone is near Lafayette that would like to drop by and give any help, I'd sure appreciate it! If not, I hope yo see you all in the morning!

Did you ever figure out this problem? ..............if so, you going? post here let us know.

Hugo is meeting me at the Philips 66 on Hwy287 & Midway in Broomfield then we are meeting with XJboy at 104th & Wadsworth then going out to Golden and running up 119 to the pass over to idaho springs and up to exit 234 to meet everyone else.

Skully (I think I have been here before?)

Hugothegrunt (I will Wear my Mickey Mouse ears, and yes I am man enough to do so!)

Jawa2021 (Honey I will be home at 6....or 10ish, so don't worry dear!)

XJboy (Dont worry honey, I can get you to work by 4!)

So here is who I have..........

Hugo is meeting me at the Philips 66 on Hwy287 & Midway in Broomfield then we are meeting with XJboy at 104th & Wadsworth then going out to Golden and running up 119 to the pass over to idaho springs and up to exit 234 to meet everyone else.

Everyone else... you mean me? :laugh3: I'll see you there.

Wow, don't tell me you guys aren't back yet! I left the house 7 hours ago, had a blast.

Been doing some uploads. This is as far as the Fords went:

Been doing some uploads. This is as far as the Fords went:

>>>>>>HOLY MOLY! that was a lot of vehicles! ....were those that large group of first timer wheelers that we have talk about?

..........I think we got out of Bill Moore and into Empire around 4:30ish?

I had to make two stops on the way home and came in the front door around 7:30ish.

First to Hugo I hope you are feeling better, his first big trip with bunch of :NAXJA: peeps and he got really sick. ....sounded like Altitude sickness? You missed a lot of fun, but the bad would have sent you into freak out moment there :looney: (read below)

Interesting day........some of us had some pucker moments, and XJBoy needed a change of pants & underwear. We missed the turn to Mill Creek (too many changes in the area going the wrong way and didn't recognise the right tee in the road to start it. We went down Red Elephant backwards!

By the time we realized it XJBoy had gone a little too far on the super steep descent and rock obstacle. Backing up was really hard and with the rain /snow it was muddy and slick and I had to winch him off the edge of the trail and the nice long roll down! :eek:

Once we got outself situated we ran Mill Creek and the ladies got to drive!

Poor Jawa2021.......his wife refused to get out of the drivers seat. Even when we stopped at the Empire Hilton everyone went inside the cabin and she stayed in the Jeep :D .........she wasn't about to give up the position.

Snow started to really come down and we booked it out of there but by the time we got to Empire it was just rain.

Nice to meet some new faces Jawa2021 & Hugothegrunt. Don't worry Hugo we will meet again for the first time for the last! (Had to quote spaceballs.)

Fun Day guys......and gals! ...........and Hugo who had to skip out early.

Pics and vids soon! ..........no we didn't get any pics so XJboy can deny it. :shhh:

BTW way I DESTROYED his front OEM bumper...........:gee:

The Ramcharger went with us. Everyone to the right of my wife's XJ was with the Ford group as well.

Everyone to the left was the other group. I didn't ask who they were, but I saw a few Jeepforum stickers. A few of those Grand Cherokees looked pretty nice.

I ran the chute twice: Once in the Mommymobile, then I ran back down the hill to perform some carburetor mojo.
The Ramcharger was on tailgunner and gave me a ride up. That beast can't keep his tires on the ground! LOL

Last edited:
Skully;244078609 First to [I said:
Hugo[/I] I hope you are feeling better, his first big trip with bunch of :NAXJA: peeps and he got really sick. ....sounded like Altitude sickness? You missed a lot of fun, but the bad would have sent you into freak out moment there :looney: (read below)

Thanks! I'm starting to feel a little more human, all that bouncing around wasn't helping :puke:. The wife and kids were really bummed that I wanted to leave early. We ran into the Jeep Group on the way down and then the Ford Guys, even got to meet Hypoid for a few seconds, It took a little time to work around all those vehicles. Once we were past them, I let the wife get some trail time in. When we got into Empire I spent about 30 min trying to get those Discos back on, God what a PITA. So the wife is taking Skully's suggestion and getting me some new Quicker Disconnects (Thanks Skully :yelclap:). We really enjoyed meeting Skully, XJBoy, JAWA, Hypoid and the wife,GF,Kids,friend that came along. I'm really sorry for being the Party Pooper on this run. We hope to join you all again soon.

As always guys another great run! I had a great time, even the pucker moments. Thanks once again to SKully for winching me out. I would have never though that backing up that hill would be so hard. Damn soft dirt! Also thanks for the front bummper carnage it looks great. Too bad hugo couldnt make it, but there is always another day. It was also good to enjoy the scenery while we had the girls behined the wheel. I think Jenn has caught the wheeling bug. Looks like a Jeep is on order to replace her pos Jimmy! Pics a little later

I realized I made that post above when I am really tired.........lots of typos and it sounded like I said XJBoy rolled...........he didn't.

Got really tippy on the edge of the trail which IF HE DID roll, it would have been a long roll downhill. :scared:

He did do a reverse wheely and got his passenger rear tire 3 ft off the ground, which luckely he was still attached to me by winch cable. Did I mention I DESTOYED his front bumper? :gag: :rolleyes:

Everyone to the left was the other group. I didn't ask who they were, but I saw a few Jeepforum stickers. A few of those Grand Cherokees looked pretty nice.
There were a lot of vehicles in that group (I lost count) and yes those WJ's were sweet! The others looked very stock even the (2) JK Rubicon's. they showed up at the conoco while we were waiting for Jawa2021 at Starbucks, and then they rolled out before us, but when we got to the wide part of Bill Moore to pull discos and air down they had parked on every inch of space and barely left any room for a vehicle to get by and they were just standing around blocking the way through the little tiny space they left.

XJboy talked to one of them as we started to try to get by them and the guy mentioned some of them in their group this was their first wheeling trip. When we went by them they all gave us a dumbfounded look as to why we were passing them..... :twak:

Last edited:
Poor Jawa2021.......his wife refused to get out of the drivers seat. Even when we stopped at the Empire Hilton everyone went inside the cabin and she stayed in the Jeep :D .........she wasn't about to give up the position.

Yeah, letting her drive wasn't a very bright idea... My wife has wanted to trade her car in for a while and has talked about a Wrangler - now she's set on it. Like I really need TWO rigs to work on!

Thanks for organizing the trip Skully, it was a fun day. It's always nice to meet folks from NAXJA and get out wheelin'. I'm looking forward to wheelin' with you guys again!

Gallery is here: http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee120/Hypoid/Bill%20Moore/

The Mommymobile did have an un-ladylike moment: When she got to the top and saw all those other Jeeps peeing on the rocks, she just couldn't restrain herself:
c17a0d9a.jpg

Jeeps are such Butt-sniffers!
630311a1.jpg

My camera battery died early on, but I did snag a few pics before it went:

Skully flexing
IMG_4278.jpg

I think I can! I think I can!
IMG_4277.jpg

Hugothegrunt
IMG_4289.jpg

XJboy flexing - bummer they came out blurry!
IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4298.jpg

Clouds n' trees
IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4303.jpg

It was cool to finally meet ya Matt!! Would have liked to met the rest of ya but my heep is on stilts waitin spacers and I was playin UPS for the day...:laugh: Hopefully I can talk you fellas in to comin down my way spring time and we can all go hit Chinamans or something. :patriot:

Here are the few pic's my wife got for the short time we were on the trail.

The group at Starbucks waiting for JAWA2021
016.jpg

JAWA2021 arrives
017.jpg

018.jpg

XJBoy in Empire
020.jpg

JAWA2021
021.jpg

The Staging Area with the other Jeep Group blocking the trailhead. Alot of Jeeps.
022.jpg

XJBoy in the lead
024.jpg

XJBoy
025.jpg

JAWA2021
026.jpg

XJBoy waiting for JAWA & Skully (Pee Break)
028.jpg

JAWA & Skully
029.jpg

XJBoy by mine
030.jpg

JAWA & Skully
031.jpg

JAWA2021 comming up from behind
032.jpg

Senic Pic as we climbed
033.jpg

XJBoy
034.jpg

Jawa2021 & Skully
035.jpg

My camera battery died early on, but I did snag a few pics before it went:

Skully flexing
I think I can! I think I can!
IMG_4277.jpg

Tapping my red shoes together........."I think I can, I think I can"......Ha ha! :D

That was discouraging......drivers wheel wouldn't get power and it all went to the right side while the rear tires just spun pushing me into the rock....I really need to re-think what I want to do.

I was planning on 4.56's and a rear Aussie.........but thinking about it maybe put the money into a selectable front locker and a limited slip in the rear?

I find on simple obstacles like that I want my front to have power to both sides to pull myself up and over stuff.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Dammaaaat! I've been waiting for you to take out that LS so I could put it in my standby axle, and put the D-35 on standby.

I've been kind to my LS, not trying to run huge tires, gradually loading the drivetrain...most of the time. :firedevil

Whenever I have tire spin, it is allmost allways the front. I say allmost because I know better than to say "allways".

Time to go look at pictures.

Here are my pics!

Airing down and pulling disco's, right before heading up!
billmilloct0803.jpg

Scenic pics (Like the 1-3 inches of snow there?)
billmilloct0801.jpg

billmilloct0807.jpg

billmilloct0802.jpg

billmilloct0805.jpg

Watching the fog and clouds roll across the mountains!
billmilloct0804.jpg

Heading up!
billmilloct0806.jpg

XjBoy and that bumper looks so good!
billmilloct0809.jpg

Fog Rolling in....
billmilloct0810.jpg

billmilloct0811.jpg

Now there be SNOW!
billmilloct0808.jpg

billmilloct0812.jpg

Last edited:
Tapping my red shoes together........."I think I can, I think I can"......Ha ha! :D

That was discouraging......drivers wheel wouldn't get power and it all went to the right side while the rear tires just spun pushing me into the rock....I really need to re-think what I want to do.

I was planning on 4.56's and a rear Aussie.........but thinking about it maybe put the money into a selectable front locker and a limited slip in the rear?

I find on simple obstacles like that I want my front to have power to both sides to pull myself up and over stuff.

Workin on a budget, I would go Auto rear LSD front. An Aussie(lunchbox) or Detroit (if you can afford) in the rear and Trutrac up front would power you through stuff like in your pic! If you decide selectable, ARB is the shizznitt and OX is a close second. I have friends runnin the Eaton-E and the Auborn Ected, they seem to work very well but time will tell.
I am going to start my super 30 build really soon and when I do the swap, there will be LP 4.88 gears, Trutrac LSD and 27 spline chromo inners for sale cheap!

Back