• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biggest Waste of Money?

No it's just a really aggresive all terrain that looks like a mud tire. :doh:

Quacks like a duck looks like a duck must be a dead horsehasta

"MT/R" = "Maximum Traction / Reinforced"

They are about the worst tire out there for the mud. Best radial tire you can get for anything else though.

$1 pack of Chinese fuses at the dollar store that failed to fuse and caused the magic smoke to come out of my dashboard wiring and me to burn my thumb trying to pull the non-fusing fuse back out. Good fuses are cheap, buy them.

It's long gone now, but the biggest waste was a Rusty's engine skid. Not that there was a problem with it, it just wasn't needed.

Dude, you must be a one of the worlds best drivers. Hammered the he!! out of mine, its warped its dented but it has saved my tranny and oil pan numerous times when I have slid off stuff or "didnt see one coming". My Rusty's engine-trans skid is one of the BEST things I ever bought.

John

$1 pack of Chinese fuses at the dollar store that failed to fuse and caused the magic smoke to come out of my dashboard wiring and me to burn my thumb trying to pull the non-fusing fuse back out. Good fuses are cheap, buy them.

That just made me chuckle out loud. I was at harbor freight the other day and noticed a huge RECALL sign on all the registers. Their fuses were all shit, and some dude burned his car to the ground using them.

That just made me chuckle out loud. I was at harbor freight the other day and noticed a huge RECALL sign on all the registers. Their fuses were all shit, and some dude burned his car to the ground using them.

Yeah I saw the same thing, too late though.

At least I noticed the smoke like 2 seconds after put the fuse in, and with my catlike reflexes and innate electrical sk33lz I knew instantly that I had to pull it out, but I still burned the snot out of my thumb and who knows what smoked under the dash! Still ran though.

There is your problem!!!! Made in F*C*E* CHINA!!!!(n) Makes me want to slap the crap out of everyone of them!!!:flamemad:

Installed some small fog lights on the rear for extra reverse lights....smashed the SH*t out one later that week. Oh, and an "open" style air filter...installed wheeled and in the trash on the same day...too much dirt got through.

id would have to say pro-comp mt's bought a set looked similar to the bfg pattern which were great. wheeled one weekend then set in garage load up and not unload eventully sold them when people would come over askign about those brandnew tires over on the wall.

I would definitely have to say the faulty chinese shit relay I got from pep-boys. Needed one real quick, and it was like $2. Ended up shorting out or something and caught the back end of my jeep on fire.

The "remanufactured" transfer case from drivetrain.com. More metal shavings in it than were in my original, and the inside of the case looked like it had been in a fire. Outside was painted so it may have been. Also the front studs were about a half inch shorter than my original case, couldn't get two of the four nuts on.

Ended up partially gutting it and swapping the parts into my old case, shipped back their case and my old guts reassembled as the core.

Waste of $900 or so.

Mark

lets please not get racist here, americans are just as much to blame for chinese crap as they are.
who do you think orders a container-load of cheap fuses to sell in their parts stores at an inflated price (yes, theyre even cheaper then what they retail for!) yup, some cokehead american buisnessman looking to make some more coin. they just build it to spec (which includes maximum price)
if youve never looking to capitolism, checkout a documentry or two about walmart. they goto china and say "how much can you make this fuse for?"
if their price is too high, due to things like quality or testing costs, they goto the next factory, and ask them. they play one factory off another, untill they get that rock bottom price, and you wonder why you get shit made out of mercury and lead?
they arent asked nor inclined to make quality product, they are asked to make stuff that works for CHEAP.
americans have the choice, dont buy crap!

but PLEASE keep the racist shit to backchannel/local forums please.

Last edited:
i guess i have been quite lucky but replacing the broken electric fan with one from a refrigerator was a bad idea it was a cheap option but didn't work at all.

Rusty's Trac-bar... broke while pulling into a gas station. Than trying to get him to send the piece that broke on his dime, as opposed to me sending the whole thing back for him to fix... on my dime.

I sleeved so it will actually work, but no more adjusting for me, or Rusty's crap for that matter!

Back