• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better headlights

Whats the difference between eaautoworks 30 dollar harness and dpgoffroads $104 harness ?

Does the h4 harness from eaautoworks include EVERYTHING i'll need for both low and high's to function like stock ?

Thank you !

$74. Yes it does include everything except maybe some generic instructions. this should help:

Cruiser’s Headlight Upgrade Harness Instructions

Absolutely plug and play. Remove grille and headlamp bulbs. I fed my harnesses from the passenger side starting between the battery and the back of the headlamp housing, over to the driver side. Plug the driver side bulb into the new harness. Attach the new harness's ground wire under one of the small bolts on the radiator support after scraping the paint off under it. Attach the harness to the existing harness behind the grille working toward the passenger side. . Plug the new harness plug into passenger headlamp. Plug original headlamp plug into receptacle on new harness. Attach the ground for the passenger side just like you did the driver side under a radiator support bolt. Attach relays with provided bracket on the passenger side inner fender. Connect power wires to battery.

Both of these are no bull Shit... seriously I got the do it ur self harness crime a friend and bought the h4 conversion housings. My jeep is like driving my 06 dodge

The harness is a "hafta".

AutoPal's E-Code are big improvement over stock and are inexpensive.

standard.jpg

$74. Yes it does include everything except maybe some generic instructions. this should help:

Absolutely plug and play. Remove grille and headlamp bulbs. I fed my harnesses from the Nothing side starting between the battery and the back of the headlamp housing, over to the driver side. Plug the driver side bulb into the new harness. Attach the new harness's ground wire under one of the small bolts on the radiator support after scraping the paint off under it. Attach the harness to the existing harness behind the grille working toward the passenger side. . Plug the new harness plug into passenger headlamp. Plug original headlamp plug into receptacle on new harness. Attach the ground for the passenger side just like you did the driver side under a radiator support bolt. Attach relays with provided bracket on the passenger side inner fender. Connect power wires to battery.

Just do go jeeps harness its way easy

At this point, I could probably have built my own harness for about the same money, but if you just want plug and play, the cheap harnesses are hard to beat. I have one, although I replaced the fusible links and the plugs that connect to the lamps. It's good for what it is, but it's not perfect.

If you want something high quality, follow the writeups by FitchVA, GoJeep, etc and buy good relays, plugs, and terminals. 12V relay circuits are really simple, and a good chance to get familiar with relays and automotive wiring, if you aren't already. There's no way I'd pay $100+ for a harness, but that's just me.

Question... With the eautoworks wire loom upgrade, can I run 100watt bulbs? I can get some nokya's or luminics that I think are 80/100, I run the luminics in my Honda and they put out better light than my old jeep did with high beams and 4 of slim light (driving lights)

Question... With the eautoworks wire loom upgrade, can I run 100watt bulbs? I can get some nokya's or luminics that I think are 80/100, I run the luminics in my Honda and they put out better light than my old jeep did with high beams and 4 of slim light (driving lights)

Yup, only problem might be the heat from the bulbs melting the plastic 3 prong connector that plugs into the bulb. If that happens, order a couple ceramic ones and splice them in and then no problem.

Sylvania Silverstar Ultras are a good solution if you want plug and play... They gave me a tremendous increase in light output on both high and low and provide a nice white light.

Just installed these today. They're not the ultra's, just the Silver Stars, but still a huge improvement over the old ones. Took 30 minutes to install and aim. Something like $35 shipped from Amazon.

Hey Cruiser, Hi from up the road :wave1:. How hard was it to switch out the harness ? I could see myself doing the switch and then "mysteriously" not being able to start my Jeep.

I used to run Silverstars and got a good amount of light out of them but they burn out quite quickly compared to other solutions that don't cost much more.

The other day, I was going to argue that my Silverstard Ultravisionwhatevers had held up well... but then one blew last night. Back to regular H4 lamps... Might try to find some Hellas online for cheap. I paid ~$20 for the pair of Sylvanias, so it wasn't horrible, but losing a headlight at night still pisses me off.

I put Silverstars in mine in '04. (stock harness) In Feb, '09, a rock hit shattered the left light housing face. Being the type to quickly repair any damage that I am, I covered the hole with packing tape and promptly forgot about it. Some time last year, the packing tape deteriorated to the point moisture was getting in the housing. I cleaned out the gunk and replaced the packing tape. Last month the bulb finally blew out(Nov, '11). I replaced it with another Silverstar.(Happy to say silverstars no longer cost 40 bucks apiece. :thumbup: )

Interesting side note: The new silverstar is the same brightness as the '04 bulb. At least on the set I got, I'm having no problem with longevity, and there seems to be no noticeable dimming with age - a common problem with quartz-halogen bulbs.

I was going to put the Hella H-4 housings from my CJ in my new TJ project, but I'm thinking about just getting a pair of Silverstars for it too.(Never was happy with the beam pattern from the Hella conversion bulbs.)

You don't switch out the harness, you add one. Easy. Start by removing your grille. Attached below is a hokey writeup I did after installing 3 harnesses. I got to where I could do one in 20 minutes. Any questions, post them up. The new harnesses actually might come with some generic instructins. Mine didn't.

Paul, Chino Valley, huh? Home to Drew, the gifted singer who appeared on X-Factor. I'm glad she's home.

Absolutely plug and play. Remove grille and headlamp bulbs. I fed my harnesses from the passenger side starting between the battery and the back of the headlamp housing, over to the driver side. Plug the driver side bulb into the new harness. Attach the new harness's ground wire under one of the small bolts on the radiator support after scraping the paint off under it. Attach the harness to the existing harness behind the grille working toward the passenger side. . Plug the new harness plug into passenger headlamp. Plug original headlamp plug into receptacle on new harness. Attach the ground for the passenger side just like you did the driver side under a radiator support bolt. Attach relays with provided bracket on the passenger side inner fender. Connect power wires to battery.

Same harness, although he ran his along the top.
http://www.opiebennett.com/tech/headlight/index.htm

I ran mine out through the cutouts in the crossmember. Header panel is removed obviously, but the wiring runs between the header panel and cross member, along the front where the stock wiring runs. You can see the yellow loom and the grounds on the crossmember.

Power directly from the battery obviously. The harness runs behind the battery, around to the relays next to it, then through the crossmember.

Harness is connected to the driver's side factory plug. When you've got the harness in hand, and the hood up, it's pretty obvious how it will fit. There's enough wire to run it a few different ways.

I finally made and installed my own wiring harness to go with my autopal H4's. Wow it was an improvement with night and day difference, literally . Just throwing H4's in was an improvement over stock but the harness made it great, stupid 18 gauge stock crap.

Back