• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to mount a hi-lift?

I couldn't find that hard case. It would be ideal to mount in the basket and free up some interior space.

woody said:
I keep mine in the back cargo area between my two big junk boxes, along with a 3' prybar and a couple of spare shafts...I don't have a back seat in the way though.
Of course there is always the roofrack (if ya have one) and Hi Lift makes a spiffy lockable plastic case for them... I forget who had one of these I've seen...A Mechanic? Motorman? 2Offroad???
me:D

0.jpg

red X try this http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14676

Last edited:
As someone already mentioned, just inside the rear hatch it will fit crossways if using a 48" unit. I built a wooden storage box for my '84 a long time ago that is something like 6" tall and just slips between the fender wells as well as butts against the rear seat back. I installed two 3/8" bolts through the back of the box to which the jack mounts with wing nuts. That way the jack is inside, but I can still get to it with the back full of cargo and it is held securely. I transfered this box from my '84 to my '92 to my '98 and it still works well. :) Jeff

When wheeling, mine is on the factory roof rack held in place by two pieces of 1/2 inch threaded rod sandwiched on the roof rack crossbar by 2 big nuts with nylon locking inserts. The jack is held in place with some big wingnuts and on one end a clip, the other end a small padlock.

Normal commuting has the jack resting from rear door to door up against the sheetmetal below the rear seat. It doesn't bother the occasional passenger and it's dry, quiet and virtually out of sight. I ran several eyebolts through the sheet metal there, one on each end and also on each side of the driveline hump. It works well with some simple bungee cords. Be careful when drilling the holes, there is some wiring under the carpet on the drivers side, especially on early ABS models.

I used to have it in the back from wheelwell to wheelwell, but the larger spare tire doesn't fit when it's in that position.

Back