• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of the West in CO

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We're starting our BOTW trip this year on May 6 running Indy. I know a few of you folks are running the whole week, and a few are running the first weekend. If anyone is interested in coming out and watching the crazies run, come on out and hang with us for a day or for the weekend. We'll be camping at the Indy trailhead in Penrose on Friday, then running the trail on Sat. After running Indy on Sat we'll be driving to Chalk Creek Campground near Buena Vista. Sunday we're running Carnage which is next to Chinamon's Gulch. We have the group camp area reserved Sat night at Chalk Creek Campground if anyone would like to join us there.

Here's some directions to Indy from Colorado Springs:

http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.php?trailNum=171

And some directions to Carnage Gulch if anyone needs them:

http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.php?trailNum=475

And a link to Chalk Creek Campground:

http://www.chalkcreek-campground.com/

planefixer said:
I should be there for the weekend.I've just got to get Led's junk finished while he's "on vacation".:twak: :D

Now that's a true friend. He's on easy street and you're finishing his junk. :angel:

Re: rest of the West in CO

planefixer said:
I should be there for the weekend.I've just got to get Led's junk finished while he's "on vacation".:twak: :D

Jeff, Did the coils get there?

I am going to try `nd |mke it up to watch bothpdayr.

IntrepidXJ said:
i will be there for Carnage on Sunday. looking forward to it. :)

I'll be there for Moab on Thursday (arriving Wed afternoon). :)

I definetly will come watch. I've been wanting to go check it out.

Hey Planefixer, check your PMs.

IntrepidXJ said:
you gonna run pritchett with us on thurs?

I guess so. I'd rather run something else, since I ran Prittchet twice in Oct, and I'd prefer something shorter and relax a little more, but if that's what you guys are running I'll run it with you. I'll be more into the hanging out and visiting than hard wheeling, since I'll get plenty of that in CO, so if we have much breakage I might turn around part way up and head back to camp to relax.

If I run to the top you guys might see me leave in a clowd of dust, I'm hauling ass back to camp. I'm not up for a two hour drive out of there. :D

When were ya'll gonna be in the GJ (Billing Canyon & 21 Road) area?

We're running Billings on Fri and 21 Road on Sat. We're staying at Monument RV Park in Fruita starting Thursday night, so if you're in GJ swing by.

Im going to try and get out to see this. We'll see how the job sitiation goes.

I'm heading out Tues afternoon, as soon as I can get away from work, with a stop over for a day of wheeling in Moab. I'm looking forward to seeing whoever can make it out next weekend. See ya Sat.

Goatman said:
I'm heading out Tues afternoon, as soon as I can get away from work, with a stop over for a day of wheeling in Moab. I'm looking forward to seeing whoever can make it out next weekend. See ya Sat.
Richard,

Where and when are you going to be in the Grand Junction area?

TRNDRVR said:
Richard,

Where and when are you going to be in the Grand Junction area?

We'll get to Monument RV Resort in Fruita on Thursday evening, then Fri we run Billings Canyon and Sat run 21 Road. Is Grand Junction you're overnight/turnaround?

Back