• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

poor thing is getting hustled around like a 2 cent whore...

Ouch........ $350????

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3641548337.html

3Kf3L73Nc5Lc5Gd5J4d2o7b694e2b24081d74.jpg

I need seats too, but not for $350.00...dayum!!!!

lot of decent bolt ons, that's for sure...

I wonder what he means by the motor going to crap when it warms up. Could be a sensor/electrical issue if he doesn't know what he's doing.

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3666021574.html

This too.. Could I swap my 35 out for this? Is this thing a 44? Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Nope, not a D44. Ad states correctly that it's a Cryco 8.25.

The 8.25 will bolt in just fine into your late model XJ. The only issue would be drive shaft length unless you already have an SYE and slip-shaft driveshaft. The D35 drive shaft is about 3" longer so with your lift....... you might benefit by being able to put more of the slip yoke back into the t-case. But it's also possible it'd be just a bit too long and compressing the suspension would drive the shaft into the t-case.

IIRC a d35 shaft is only like 1-2" longer. A 95 down vs 96 up driveshaft mismatch is 3-4" though.

Ask me what happens when the driveshaft gets forcibly rammed into the back of the transfer case! :banghead:

(hint: it involves a bearing seat in an aluminum casting suddenly parting ways with the rest of the casting)

Nope, not a D44. Ad states correctly that it's a Cryco 8.25.

The 8.25 will bolt in just fine into your late model XJ. The only issue would be drive shaft length unless you already have an SYE and slip-shaft driveshaft. The D35 drive shaft is about 3" longer so with your lift....... you might benefit by being able to put more of the slip yoke back into the t-case. But it's also possible it'd be just a bit too long and compressing the suspension would drive the shaft into the t-case.

So I should be looking for a 44, I shouldn't even bother with the 8.25 swap, should I?

Back