• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

^^Point made. It would make a superb starter project but not at the price. But, I bet he sells it. If mudding is what is popular there, it will sell.

Face it, we would go mudding it it wasn't so bloody dry. Poor us, all we have are rocks to play in...

not my bag either, but man, I hear ya on the thousands of hours into body work. I've never seen a J-truck that straight... ya know, they are almost always "working" trucks...

He's probably got 30 grand in paint and body work alone ,and 10 in engine then 25 3000 in tires and wheels , maybe he will get half that if he's lucky , Chip Foose did the work and he ain't cheap .and jeep trucks aren't collecter items

I see its got foose wheels, but I didn't see that it was a foose project -- Chip doesn't usually go with monotone paint schemes... I don't disagree with your assessment though. He should have used s 60's gladiator grill, and it would be even more bad ass.

Minus the tint and wheels that is absolutely beautiful.

Put a 4x4 tricked out lifted suspension under it and that Gladiator front swap and I'd really be digging it.

^ blah. Bet that thing gets overlooked as often as it ruins someones day by eating their lunch.. Bet its an absolute blast to drive.

My Brother builds Sleepers... It is all he builds and has been building them since circa 1960... My Dad was one of the "original" Hot Rodders. Talking pre-war here...

I must admit that dusting off some schmuck that is driving a Gee-Whiz-Bang vehicle with something that looks like it should be in a yard is a blast. We grew up in NorCal (Sunnyvale) so the scene was not as intense as the SoCal one. Still... Stop Light to Stop Light was the thing. For the either brave or foolish, going for Pinks was the ultimate... Usually though, the winner would let the loser buy it back.

My Dad had a favourite saying:

"Never too much Horsepower just not enough traction"

OK, I admit it, I enjoy dusting off the Fart-Can equipped toys here in the Springs with my Heep.

Back in the early 60 i had a 52 f100 with a 400 inch 350 hp buick wildcat motor would do a 1/4 in 12 or 13 sec alway beat the muscle cars of the time , also cost me my license a couple of times ,

how in the world did you keep traction? i wouldn't think that thing would be able to get enuf grip to get off the line.

how in the world did you keep traction? i wouldn't think that thing would be able to get enuf grip to get off the line.

He kept a few soccer moms in the bed.......... Or was that in HIS bed......... I forget ...... :dunno:

:D

once the front end is off the ground the rear end is the new front end :loveu:

I had a aal steel implement wheel in the bed ,actually bolted down, that thing was a beast,, the brakes and handling sucked on it they were stock, and it was kinda exciting actually ran against the stone woods and cook willys in fontana year ago ,and lost they were the bags nat champs in the day, Gonna be fun moving back to calif , may get me a cal bug and surf board

Back in the early 60 i had a 52 f100 with a 400 inch 350 hp buick wildcat motor would do a 1/4 in 12 or 13 sec alway beat the muscle cars of the time , also cost me my license a couple of times ,

If it was a '52, it was an F1 and it was the last year of that body series ('48-52) and the first year of the OHV engine. The OHV was offered as an option to the Flattie. The Flattie was gone in '53.

I had a Flattie in my '52. Great motor as long as you are not interested in Hp. The Mercury Version of the engine made an impressive 110Hp due to Cam and compression changes over the Ford version. The Flattie was redesigned to 24 head bolts to better control gasket blow out. The older 21 bolt versions were sort of notorious. Ford also moved the T-Stat housings. Yup, two T-Stats and two water pumps. The Flattie was virtually a pair of Model A engines on a common crank...

Back