• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best fuel location for fuel cell

jpmaniac87

NAXJA Forum User
I ripped out my nasty, cruddy, rusted out factory tank last night. I plan on running an in line fuel pump from a fuel cell. I've noticed most cells, people get/build the plumbing to get the fuel from the top of the cell. Is there a reason to do this vs using a cell that has fittings at the bottom? See the 2 fittings at the bottom of this fuel cell: http://www.protuninglab.com/alu-ft-...ooglepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=140846634058

Hope the question makes sense, Thanks!

A brand new factory tank is $99 FYI. Why waste your time and money on a fuel cell? As for your question I'm not really sure.

Unless it is a late model tank ... then you can add a 0 to the end.

I believe I remember specific years having larger tanks...

Anybody remember what years?

My son and I are debating replacing a tank versus fuel cell....

Most are 20 gal tanks. The sump style is more for drag racing, since the lines would face the rear. When that tank gets low, a corner or any off camber spot could cause you to lose fuel to your pump which 1: engine studders or dies and 2: kills your pump life. A socked pickup would be better or a 4 socked pickup is best (look at some of the ultra 4 cars).

Most are 20 gal tanks. The sump style is more for drag racing, since the lines would face the rear. When that tank gets low, a corner or any off camber spot could cause you to lose fuel to your pump which 1: engine studders or dies and 2: kills your pump life. A socked pickup would be better or a 4 socked pickup is best (look at some of the ultra 4 cars).

What he said...

Also, keep in mind that most pumps don't do very well with heat and most require very specific mounting. Meaning that if you starve the pump and it keeps plugging along, it may melt or destroy itself. If this is combined with a spark, then say bye bye to your rig.

Back