• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Burger in the NW?

Best I have had was at the Wooden Nickel just outside of Silverton. They also have a location in Sublimity. The bun this thing has is about 8"x8" square and homemade! Can't remember the name exactly, but I know there is more than one to be had.

Flipping out burger, tacoma wa

looks to be an attempted in and out burger with similar decor and menu but the main thing that sets them apart is that they believe in toppings... large sign over the cashier shows all the toppings that come on a standard burger (like ketchup, mustard lettuce, tomato etc) in red and everything you can add free of charge in black (sauteed mushrooms, grilled onions, jalepenos, green peppers, steak sauce etc). double bacon pepperjack burger with the works and home sliced fries for $8 please. they do not disappoint

that sounds a bit like the way 5 guys burgers dose it. damn it now im hungry

Wet Dog Cafe, (The Astoria Brewing Company) is probably "the best burger in the NW". Right on the water, with about a 40 burger selection each one is $10 (with a few exceptions) not to mention you can wash it down with one of several in house brews. Fries are great too.

On a burger related note, but not necessarily the best I've had, there used to be a place in Bonney Lake called international burger that served like 50-60 burgers and many were exotic meats. Being that I couldn't find these meats anywhere else I had to try a couple. I had burgers made of alligator, rattlesnake, kangaroo, lion, kobe beef and wild boar before they closed. The girlfriend managed to always order the $25 kobe beef one... definitely good but idk about the best.

Got bored and decided to put all the places I could find on a Google map. for all to see.

http://tinyurl.com/NWBestBurgers

I added to the map George's Corner, on N Intestate in Portland. The burgers depend on who is cooking but it seems Mark, the best cook, is always there. You can tell he is a guy who knows how to make a delicious burger. The bacon cheeseburger is always on special and always delicious.

Scale burger in Elbe is worth stopping by if your out that way, same with spiffys in Morton. I've never been disappointed by frugals in parkland or dons drive in in puyallup

i use to live in mineral and we always had scale burgers, pretty good. my favorite use to be laredo drive inn burgers in nachese, had them yesterday but they have changed the recipte or sumthing. my favorite is frugals, and im about 3 blocks from it. flippin out burgers is ok, the inside always seems dirty and the flavor is kinda hit and miss.

Newport Cafe in Newport, OR

open 24hr

c6d6bce9.jpg

home of the 6lbs burger

7995d0a3.jpg

There burger menu, there was more...but not worth talking about. (come on 6lbs burger!)

d805a5ac.jpg

i am not a man, so i got the 2lbs burger.
2lbs of beef, ham, egg, cheese

d7e33084.jpg

f83b99f3.jpg

ff9651fa.jpg

i was so good.

i would kill your first born for just one more bite :wow:

after talking with the owner about the 6lbs burger, just the burger is 7 1/2lbs when it hits the plate. 361 people have tried to eat it alone in one sitting.
non have done so. he offers $1,000 bucks if you ( one person) can eat it with in 45mins.

he told me they sell allot of them, but to groups of people.

Are you game?

Last edited:
Newport Cafe in Newport, OR

open 24hr

c6d6bce9.jpg

home of the 6lbs burger

7995d0a3.jpg

There burger menu

d805a5ac.jpg

i am not a man, so i got the 2lbs burger.
2lbs of beef, ham, egg, cheese

d7e33084.jpg

f83b99f3.jpg

ff9651fa.jpg

i was so good.

i would kill your first born for just one more bite :wow:

after talking with the owner about the 6lbs burger, just the burger is 7 1/2lbs when it hits the plate. 361 people have tried to eat it alone in one sitting.
non have done so. he offers $1,000 bucks if you ( one person) can eat it with in 45mins.

he told me they sell allot of them, but to groups of people.

Are you game?
IN..

Half-price burgers on Sundays! Maybe not the best but still really good.
Chalet Tavern
transparent.png

5515 Pioneer Way East, Puyallup, WA

Back