• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Burger in the NW?

My wife and I had nothing to do today, so we decided to go get a burger, and I wanted the best one we could get. I did some research (I googled "Best burger in Washington state"), and every list is different but one kept coming up, The Bunkhouse in McKenna. Since the weather was decent, we threw the cameras, and the kid in the Jeep and took off. We did a little exploring too, and my wife made me pull over so she could take pictures of whatever she thought was cool, while I used her other camera to take pictures of what I thought was cool, my Jeep.

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0705.jpg

Getting gas near Mt Rainier:

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

Back to the point, The Bunkhouse. They have a 10" 1 pound burger "The Trail Boss", seeing as I was going to be driving 2 hours home, I opted for "The Barn Burner" instead. Excellent burger, I'll definitly be going back, although next time I'm going to have the BBQ brisket. I don't know if it was the best I've ever had, but I'd put it up there. It was about $25 for my wife and I to have dinner there, well worth it. I tried to get a good shot of my Jeep in the parking lot but it was too dark when we got there.

photo.jpg

http://www.bunkhouseburgers.com/

Where do you think the best burger in the NW is? Chains do not count, (multiple locations, i.e. Five Guys or Burgerville)

I drove through Mckenna last Friday on the way home and it looked like the Bunhouse was closed down. It was 6:00 pm and the place was empty.
I'm kinda bummed. Always meant to stop in and get some food and never did.

I tried fuddruckers tonight.

Oh.my.god.

No pics, my burger was a 1lb patty, bacon, mushrooms, peperjack.. 10" bun topped with my own selections at the burger bar

My wife and I, aswell as two toddlers ate well for $35

You get a free burger on your birthday there.

I drove through Mckenna last Friday on the way home and it looked like the Bunhouse was closed down. It was 6:00 pm and the place was empty.
I'm kinda bummed. Always meant to stop in and get some food and never did.

Doesn't sound right. Place is always busy when I pass. Must have been a slow point of the day.

Doesn't sound right. Place is always busy when I pass. Must have been a slow point of the day.

You could be right. There were zero cars in the lot when I passed so I figured they shut down.

Next time you go by can you take a look and let everyone know for sure? I would but I only go that way when I-5 is really bad.

I have been meaning to post up in here. The girl friend and I went to the Coachmen In battle Ground Village. It just opened, best burger that I have had in since charlies in Govt camp. I had the blue cheese bacon burger and it was probably the second best one that I can remember.

C&L Burger Bar in Castle Rock, just off I-5 exit 49. Their signature burger is "The Jake", and it was pretty good. I don't think I would say its one of the best burgers in the NW. The reason I'm plugging this joint is because of the breezies working there. I went in around noon on Thursday and the two chicks running the place were both very nice to look at. A brunette with big jugs and a smokin' hot ginger chick. If you're into hamburgers, give the place a shot. But if you're into chicks, you have to go there.

181664ce-4096-045e.jpg

I STRONGLY recommend the Hot Spot Cafe, it's a bit of a drive, it's about two miles north of the Yukon River on the Dalton Highway, there's a little gift shop & motel there too but the best part is the burgers. Naturally grown beef and most of the vegetables are grown in the garden behind the restaurant. The burgers are amazing, definitely the best we had in Alaska, they use a one pound patty, cooked to order and SOOO good, I recommend using the included knife to cut it as mine pretty much fell apart as I tried to eat it.

tXExV.jpg

Bears are pretty common in the area (notice the scat in the upper left hand corner)

bewareofbears7-17.jpg

The Lone Fir Cafe in Cougar.

181664ce-284b-bb40.jpg

I order the Lone Fir Burger, 1/4 pound patty topped with like 5 pieces of super thick cut bacon 2 huge onion rings and BBQ sauce. It was awesome.

181664ce-29b9-e501.jpg

I'd highly recommend the place if you're ever in the area.

It's in a 100 year flood plain and a 500 year flood plain and we just had them close together this round I guess. Theoretically we aren't due for atleast 100 years! Plus moving the town isn't really realistic.

Why don't we have a Burger-fest wheeling weekend? We all bring ingredients and make slider versions of out own burger recipes.

Back