• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 4x4 shop in Denver metro?

Pioneer88

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings all, I am a new addition to this chapter and a relatively new addition to CO in general (less than a year), moved in from AZ. I know the best shop is no shop/your own garage but the move has put me in an apartment with essentially none of my tools. I am looking for a decent shop whose quality can be trusted. Any suggestions in Denver area? I am down near Littleton so I have seen High Country stickers and trinkets floating around (heard mixed things) but I haven't really dug into the 4x4 market much.

I'm now on my third XJ and I keep selling and buying older ones. First 99, then 93, now I have a 88. This is my first exposure to the RENIX system but I love this thing so I'm looking to get a couple things goin on it.

Most of all I need a budget boost. Hopefully 2-3 inches of lift so I can tuck some bigger tires under it. I'm stock and saggy right now. I got stuck in the snow the first time I went at it on the trails. Definitely a winter rookie from the desert but having a jeep the size of a subaru doesn't help. I've got a decent wish list for it (don't we all) but a small affordable lift is a must, at least until I win the lottery and go big.

Thanks in advance for all the help and suggestions. Happy to be out here, loving every minute of it so far.

P.S. - I'm still learning the ropes out here but I am always willing to pay in Food, Beer, and real Cash money to have some NAXJA fellows help me wrench on it. That was always a favorite option back in AZ but unfortunately I can't provide the facilities out here. I'm thinking coils up front, spacers and AAL in back, and shocks all around. Sorry for the wordy post everyone. Thank you again.

High Country is a good shop but very busy and very expensive. There are a good number of people in the Denver area that can help you out (myself included). I am only 15 minutes from Littleton. Otherwise you could go to Crawlertech 4x4 as a recommendation.

All American 4x4 is down in the Littleton area in Douglas County off Hwy 85 (Santa Fe south of C470 about a mile). They specialize in everything Jeep. Lots of good reviews.

I also have a buddy that's a Cherokee/Comanche nut who is a full time police garage mechanic and does side work at his house. I'm sure he'd be willing to do the lift stuff. He's usually scheduled about a month out on side work. I can put you in touch with him.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll look into these shops. I do like the idea of being able to be more involved though. I don't have a lot of suspension experience so this could be a good learning experience for me.

SolarBell, is a basic lift kit something that could be knocked out in half a day or so? I read roughly six hours from most people.

YELLAHEEP, I wouldn't mind getting your police mechanic friend's contact info. I can use all the resources I can get.

I've been reading the endless forum debates regarding best lift kits and I'm still not sure which one I'll choose. I'll likely order something within the next couple weeks though. Thanks again.

I'm happy to offer up my driveway and tools some weekend as well. We have a lot of visitors though so scheduling could be interesting.

The big thing is getting bolts loose and not breaking anything. Be sure and PB blast everything several days prior. To much can't hurt.

If it's your only vehicle, that would be my only concern. I know my leaf bolts are seized at the shackle and I've had the front nut inside the frame come unwelded. Depending on what you do in the rear these may or may not be a problem.

Last edited:
You can do it in halves. Do the rear one weekend, and the front the next. The front leaf spring bolts can be a pain, requiring cutting into the framerail. If the stock springs aren't bent, a full length add-a-leaf, and a shackle will give you 2-3 inches, and you don't have to mess with the PITA bolt. Just plan on new u-bolts.

Your garage ...... Duh! :greensmok

All American 4x4 is down in the Littleton area in Douglas County off Hwy 85 (Santa Fe south of C470 about a mile). They specialize in everything Jeep. Lots of good reviews.

I also have a buddy that's a Cherokee/Comanche nut who is a full time police garage mechanic and does side work at his house. I'm sure he'd be willing to do the lift stuff. He's usually scheduled about a month out on side work. I can put you in touch with him.

You must be talking about Terry.

Hey guys, I've more or less decided to go with a zone lift kit. They are a BDS sister company and a lot of people report good quality for the price. I was hoping to get it on by 4th of July weekend but high country seems to be booked out. I went into all american and they were nice but they keep trying to sell me a pro comp kit for almost $1200, labor not included. I might see if they will install the Zone kit but I don't know. Anyone have experience with Crawlertech? YELLAHEEP can you put me in touch with your mechanic buddy? I'll see how his schedule looks. Thanks for your input everyone.

CrawlerTech does good work. Joshua is always willing to answer all of your questions and offer advise.

Just don't talk to his employee Chad...JK. Chad is a member here.

I wouldn't touch a Pro Comp lift even if someone paid me to. Well, maybe then I would.

Crawlertech is great. Not sure how booked they are though. I'd offer to help, but I don't have a ton of time free between now an the 4th. If you wanted to come over and use my garage and tools you'd be totally welcome to.

Do yourself a favor and go 3 inch. In my experience go bigger cause once you start wheelin you will want bigger tires. It doesn't really matter what brand but make sure the shocks are not on the cheaper side. I have Rancho coils and leafs but I wanted a stiffer ride for a couple reasons. One I hate taking off sway bar disconnects off and on, I saved myself some coin there by not buying them. I drove a lifted toyota with leaf springs so my set up is nicer now then with my truck. As for leaf packs you can build your own. I wish I did this. You could do a overload with shackle easily. Soon I will be taking my pack apart and removing a leaf to help with flex. I would replace the lower control arms with some type of replacement. I have always liked the rubicon express 3.5 but it is alittle much. What is your time frame? I would start collecting parts then once ready do it. Piecing it together may not be the ideal situation but it teaches you a lot and is cheaper then buying a kit most of the time. I am going 4.5 in the front in the next couple months. So coils and lower arms will be available. Hope this helps. Main questions also is what size tire do you want to run? Right now I have 3 inch with 33's. Alot of cutting to get there.

Last edited:
Back