• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BEHOLD!!! something built 20 years ago that puts us to shame

urban yan

NAXJA Forum User
The Jeep is 22years old. The supercharger/stroker were done 20 years.

87-COMANCHESupercharger-01.jpg

87-COMANCHESupercharger-02.jpg

87-COMANCHESupercharger-03.jpg

sweet

Sorted.

Oh - yes, that's a RENIX rig. Yes, that block was bored +.125"

Why do you think I want a RENIX block for my own buildup?

Ha, when I saw the jump to 4", I nearly shat myself!

Does this mean a 2.5 of the same years might be able to get a 4" bore?

The thing that amazed me most was the distributorless ignition system! As soon as I started reading "requires three coils with two towers per coil that eliminate the need for a distributor," I exclaimed; "Eleven years earlier!"

And I'm glad to see that the roots of the 4.0 Borla Exhaust came from such a wonderful project...

It's awesome, but it's also funny how times have changed. It's a low to mid 14 second performer that they talk about still being streetable. I'm sorry, but times have changed indeed. What's the SRT-8 doing in the 1/4 with a few mods? My '06 Mustang GT is a solid mid 13 second car that's beyond streetable with the only mods being a CAI and a tune.

My ss camaro with LT's a lid, exhaust, and a very good custom dyno tune was very streetable, 13sec car as well. 340rwhp and 355tq.

What is your definition of streetable? I know guys pushing 500rwhp that can still drive on the street. Some times the clutch can get a bit nasty...

My ss camaro with LT's a lid, exhaust, and a very good custom dyno tune was very streetable, 13sec car as well. 340rwhp and 355tq.

What is your definition of streetable? I know guys pushing 500rwhp that can still drive on the street. Some times the clutch can get a bit nasty...

i know 700+ whp cobras that are daily driven...its all in the driver.

thats a pretty sweet truck tho. i dig it

It's awesome, but it's also funny how times have changed. It's a low to mid 14 second performer that they talk about still being streetable. I'm sorry, but times have changed indeed. What's the SRT-8 doing in the 1/4 with a few mods? My '06 Mustang GT is a solid mid 13 second car that's beyond streetable with the only mods being a CAI and a tune.

Amazing what can happen over 20 years, on performance engines that are fairly new designs instead of a 30 y/o economy car engine:)

Back