• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beadlocks

Even though they are beadlocks, wouldnt you want the wheel to be slightly smaller then 8'' rather then slightly bigger for a 12.5'' wide tire?
Ya, good point. I've been looking at tires myself and I've just been thinking about 14.50 wide tires all day. Whoops. ;)
Either setup would work well I guess. Depends on what you want to do in the future as well. Gonna stick with the 12.50s? Maybe wider or get pizza cutters later?

Ya, good point. I've been looking at tires myself and I've just been thinking about 14.50 wide tires all day. Whoops. ;)
Either setup would work well I guess. Depends on what you want to do in the future as well. Gonna stick with the 12.50s? Maybe wider or get pizza cutters later?

Actually, I have 34x10.5x15's

I have the RSS beadlocks. I asked dan to put as many bolts as possible in the rings.

Ended up at 39 per wheel.

Overkill? Maybe.

dsc03284yb3.jpg

How are yours on the road Karl? I think I might do a set of those with you once the shop is up and ready.;)

-Alex

Actually, I have 34x10.5x15's

I'd get 15X7 wheels. You'll end up around 8" wide.

Yup, in the case of the 10.5 wide tires, I'd agree with RockMonkey, grab the 7"s. With the 12.50s it would be a toss up, anything wider definitely the 8".
Sorry about the confusion earlier, I guess I should have asked/check to see the tire size first. That'll learn me. ;)

I'd go with 7" for sure with those tires. I used to run the same tires on 8" wheels and didn't do DIY beadlocks on those because it will pull in the inner sidewall/bead further away from the rim a bit, and I was already losing beads.

I now run the GLO rings on Cragar 8's...good combo. They are 8" wheels with 14" wide IROKs and I have still burped the inner bead...

Back