• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beadlocks...

120$ per? Ouch, maybe I don't need beadlocks.

Still, they're probably worth it.

From what I've read, the more bolts holding the bead lock ring the better. Particularly where off-road, low PSI use is needed. Those Aero's are only 16 bolts and if you catch the lip of the lock ring on a rock and bend it out, it's gonna leak easier. The Truggy has 18 bolt MRW beadlocks and they make both the 18 bolt and 36 bolt versions:

http://www.rockcrawler-mrt.com/

Pretty good reading on their website about bead locks too.

What about those innerbeadlocks they showed on Extreme4x4? You can install them on any rim and they use air. its basically a bag with a really strong innertube in it that you air up to 50psi. It squeezes both sides of the tire into the bead and they are DOT approved. Stumpy is running them and I've seen him on the trail with only 8psi and no problems. Anyone know where to get those or what they're called?

What about those innerbeadlocks they showed on Extreme4x4? You can install them on any rim and they use air. its basically a bag with a really strong innertube in it that you air up to 50psi. It squeezes both sides of the tire into the bead and they are DOT approved. Stumpy is running them and I've seen him on the trail with only 8psi and no problems. Anyone know where to get those or what they're called?

Those are even more expensive.

Staun Internal Beadlocks

http://www.ok4wd.com/index.php/catalog/product/staun_internal_beadlock/

actually those are cheap, the ring kits for mine go for 230 each and that does not include the wheels

IMG_1900.jpg

i know its not an xj but it has the same wheel base :)

Just got done with Holy Cross. I do not have beadlocks and was runnin 10psi with no problems! Carry a spare, beadlocks are a waste of money unless you have a bunch to throw around. And if you have a bunch to throw around, throw some my way!!

actually those are cheap, the ring kits for mine go for 230 each and that does not include the wheels

IMG_1900.jpg

i know its not an xj but it has the same wheel base :)

Did you even air down?!?!?!?

the stauns actually work better, 4 wheel mag did a story on beadlocks last year. the stauns were the only ones that they sould not break the bead on. every other bolt on bead lock gives up under pressure. they found that the air usually escapes from the inside bead so locking just the outside bead does no good. other than they look cool.

Just got done with Holy Cross. I do not have beadlocks and was runnin 10psi with no problems! Carry a spare, beadlocks are a waste of money unless you have a bunch to throw around. And if you have a bunch to throw around, throw some my way!!

Beadlocks have there place,10 lbs is still kinda high ,when you have beadlocks your more inclined to drop to 6lbs. it also depends on your rim some are better than others stock canyons are some of the worst I've seen ask JohnJohn. beadlocks are also great for protecting the outside lip of the rim when your gringing them up against rocks.

I've got $40 a wheel, $240 (with shipping) for weld-ons and $75 worth of bolts in mine.

That's $475, so if (big if) you could find beadlocks worth a crap for $120 a wheel, you'd have the same amount of money in them.

Of course, if you already have steel wheels, it's a little cheaper.

Beadlocks have there place,10 lbs is still kinda high ,when you have beadlocks your more inclined to drop to 6lbs. it also depends on your rim some are better than others stock canyons are some of the worst I've seen ask JohnJohn. beadlocks are also great for protecting the outside lip of the rim when your gringing them up against rocks.

Say no to Stock TJ Canyons: Same trail, like 20 yards apart, different ends of the Jeep.

278096595_tbK8C-M.jpg

278096979_FF4hG-M.jpg

Back