• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BDS customer service is worthless

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
So I hate to complain about free stuff, but I won a set of BDS sway bar disconnects at a naxja tsffle. Installed, immediately found that they disconnect very well all by themselves while driving. Double and triple checked install, tried adjusting lengths, etc. to no avail.

Contacted BDS by email, recieved a reply suggesting they may be worn out and need me to purchase a rebuild kit. Emailed again to make sure they understood these were brand spanking new and had failed to stay connected from day one. Recieved no response. Emailed again to mention how having sway bars self disconnecting is a safety hazard, still no response.

Needless to say, I won't be buying from them anytime soon.

I won a 4 link kit from BDS a couple of years ago. Had some questions as to whether it would fit a manual MJ, since their doc said auto XJ. I called them a couple of times with questions, and they were quite responsive. (By the way, it did fit the manual MJ.)

You might try calling?

David Bricker / SYR

the life time bds control arm bushings cost you less to buy them out right. then to get them through the warranty process. with shipping to and from. no more bds in this house.

I run a full long arm BDS kit on my ZJ and I can agree that their customer service and their warranty process is terrible.

I have had bushings prematurely wear out, I have bent an arm, I have bent their brackets in numerous places as well as have a saggy coil. None of which they are willing to address or own up too. They always point me back to the local shop that I purchased it from and they are equally useless.

I bought their kit because it was the only TRUE 4 link front setup...never again. I'd rather modify a better quality kit or make my own next time. Just sucks to have spent that much money on a product that did not hold up to any kind of actual off-road use.

Back