• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery drain and Multimeter not reading

Possibly run the vehicle with the battery in it, check that you're getting the proper voltage when running, then turn the engine off, disconnect the battery, leave it sit a few days, see how fast the voltage drops. Separate the car from the battery, see if the battery comes down without the car attached. I've seen brand new batteries go bad.

Well, I'm trying to find a the .2 (lower voltage) mulitmeter fuse as it appears I might have blown it when checking with the underhood light on. I let it sit for 2 days and the voltage was good - no drain. For no other reason than it was 10 degrees yesterday, I put it on the Tender for part of the day. So it sat overnight at 15 (or so degrees) and it's sitting today without a Tender. I'll check it tomorrow morning when it's still forecasted at being 25 degrees. That will be a good test. Seperating the car from the battery seems like a good test that I'll do if problems still surface after I get to do the parasitic draw test. Thanks all.

Back