• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barely Broken In.....

Saudade

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well, the ol' Grey Ghost ('88 Laredo) finally clocked 200K yesterday. On top of that, I passed CA Smog today too.

Failed my first smog with high HC and CO (flagged as Gross Polluter). I knew it was running a bit rich. Put in a new O2 sensor (Bosch), cleaned/gapped plugs, ran some FI cleaner through it. Ran the snot out of it for 200 miles. What a difference it made.

Also my AC has been weak for a while now. I finally committed 2 cans of my precious R12 supply. BAM!! blows low 40s. It's still a bit low but I have only 1 can left. Last AC service was nearly 5 years ago. Next time it will be a conversion.

I'm ready for the next 200K.

Congrats! My 99 is pushing 300,000 and still runs new so keep your wheels turning man and may it bring you many new good memories :) Just tackle any rust as soon as you see it!

I sold a 98 xj that had 357 on the clock and that kid we sold it to ( I hate this) raced the thing and last time I saw it it had lifted clatter so bad it sounded like a diesel. Nearly had 360 on it then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back