• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bands From Other Countries

HTTPWAYNE--

I'm into many many metal acts from all over the world, especially the Swedish Metal Scene--Inflames, Soilwork,etc.

Then there is of course the Scandanavian metal scene, Dimmu Borgir(too bad ICS Vortex isn't on their latest).

USA SUCKS when it comes to actual outdoor metal concerts. Nothing like Monsters of Rock, Download or Wacken here.

So....again, it basically comes down to someone expresses an opinion different from the opinion you expressed, and you feel a need to call them out for it. Zat about right?

Here's my thought..

there are milions of bands, billions of songs... What's the point of this thread? has anyone ever heard of "To each their own"

there are milions of bands, billions of songs... What's the point of this thread? has anyone ever heard of "To each their own"

I think his initial post had credence. He likes foreign music and was asking for opinions on other bands he may not be familiar with. At least that is the way I read it.

I like country music, but there are several different genres of country music. I listen mostly to what is on the radio--classic and contemporary--becuase that is readily available to me. My brother lives in Texas and therefore listens to lots of Texas artists. If he didn't share his downloads with me when we are together, there is a lot of country music that I wouldn't be exposed to.

So, at the risk of sounding moderator-ish...maybe we should let this thread get back on topic or die a quick death. That said, I don't have any suggestions for Wayne, since I don't listen to his brand of music!

my all time favorite band is Merciful Fate / King Diamond from Denmark. (they almost count as one band as they have the same singer & sometimes the same guitars / bass or drums).

Although they are not necessarily one of my favorite bands, the tune "Desecration of Souls" from the "Don't Break the Oath" album, is one of my favorite metal tunes.

Just getting familiar with Dimmu Borgir, and other metal bands on the metal channel on cable. Great source for new music.

Apoptygma Bezerk-Norway, synth pop
VNV nation-England, EBM
Ash Dargan- Australia, aboriginal music
Hans Christian-? very hard to find any thing about him, but he is a sick electric cello player. Google Hans Christian- Rapture
Sacred spirits-Navajo Nation, technically the Navajo nation is a sovereign nation, they don't abide by the laws of the government

Opinions are like assholes. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my first post. I was looking for bands from other countries in case anyone knew any that I hadn't already posted.
I would think the fact that nothing I posted would have seemed the least bit American would have been a clue to you. Common sense is not a common virtue apparently.
Thank you for your self-righteous opinionated post though. God-speed in your karmatic adventure through life. I'm sure you enjoy plenty of one side of it judging by your verbal demeanor.

jeez, I missed out on all the drama, I feel horrible, just horrible for giving my opinion when asked for it.

so you were looking for bands from other countries, I gave some, so who is lacking said common sense? now I am supposed to read into the genre as being "un-american" too? I feel shame.

self righteous & opinionated? kettle, this is pot, your black over.

Hey since Rush from the 80's, I will allow it... and hey where are they from again?

indeed they are.

Last edited:
Most US music sucks nowadays, pretty much all attributed to the pop music industry. Here's a few suggestions from my collection in no particular order.

Epica, Nightwish, Tina Dico, Ugress, Hooverphonic, Orbital, Paul van Dyk, Within Temptation, Air, Prodigy, Conjure One, Fluke, Delerium, Underworld, Aphex Twin, Volbeat, Curve, Garbage, Boards of Canada, Ladytron, Angtoria, Daft Punk, Lunik, Dimmu Borgir, Rammstein, Schiller, Sirenia, Theatre Of Tragedy

That's all I got right now. Enjoy.

--Matt

Back