• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bands From Other Countries

HttpWayne

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone listens to bands from other countries? I'm not too fond of what USA produces anymore. I think most music died after the 80's personally.

Here's a list of progressive and symphonic metal bands I listen to:

Balance of Power, UK, progressive rock (Sounds like what the 80's might have become)
---started around 1996 and disbanded 2004

Nightwish, Finald, progressive symphonic/operatic metal (female vocalist)
---started around 1997 and still going. 2007 they got a new vocalist. I liked their older albums most, but their new albums are still great to listen to as well. The theme sound of every album is very different and that makes them unique.
Music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UztEfwHt14

Sonata Arctica, Finland, progressive metal (very melodic)
----started around 1998 and still around, although their music has changed a lot. I like their first 3 albums most. They changed major with the 4th, and only then did they start making music videos unfortunately.
Music video, just the song with a picture from their first album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A4WoHxL3GQ

Visions of Atlantis, Austria, (female and male vocalists)
----Not really sure when they started, but still around. Working with their 3rd female vocalist at this point.
Music video, sample from their new album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i43dl18g3WE

Saviour Machine, California, (male operatic voice)
----started around 1991 and made the first 1/2 of their last (two part) Legend III album in 2003. Have yet to make their final album and Eric Clayton (vocalist) is suffering from a terminal illness. Their Legend series (started in 1997) is mostly apocalyptic and gets most of its lyrics from Revelations in the Bible. Their first two albums are my personaly favorite though. Very popular in Germany, but not in America.
Music video-song from their first album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Sn_YCQvOs

You can go to Amazon and listen to excerpts of all of these. 30 seconds is usually how long they last, but given their progressive nature you won't get to any of the best parts.

So what else do you all have?

Wayne P.~

Last edited:
Enya

I'm a big fan of iTunes Radio. Free listening and many stations of all kinds from around the world. On the Mac there's a little app. called "Radio Lover" that allows capture and saving the stream with titles and other info. 24+ hours will fit on a CD as MP3.

I was wondering if anyone listens to bands from other countries?

Hmmmm.....nope. But thanks for asking! :wave1: I do however listen to COUNTRY music, but that, of course, comes from our country.

I was wondering if anyone listens to bands from other countries? I'm not too fond of what USA produces anymore. I think most music died after the 80's personally.
Here's a list of progressive and symphonic metal bands I listen to:
Balance of Power, UK, progressive rock (Sounds like what the 80's might have become)

---started around 1996 and disbanded 2004
Nightwish, Finald, progressive symphonic/operatic metal (female vocalist)

---started around 1997 and still going. 2007 they got a new vocalist. I liked their older albums most, but their new albums are still great to listen to as well. The theme sound of every album is very different and that makes them unique.
Music video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UztEfwHt14
Sonata Arctica, Finland, progressive metal (very melodic)

----started around 1998 and still around, although their music has changed a lot. I like their first 3 albums most. They changed major with the 4th, and only then did they start making music videos unfortunately.
Music video, just the song with a picture from their first album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A4WoHxL3GQ

Visions of Atlantis, Austria, (female and male vocalists)

----Not really sure when they started, but still around. Working with their 3rd female vocalist at this point.
Music video, sample from their new album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i43dl18g3WE
Saviour Machine, California, (male operatic voice)

----started around 1991 and made the first 1/2 of their last (two part) Legend III album in 2003. Have yet to make their final album and Eric Clayton (vocalist) is suffering from a terminal illness. Their Legend series (started in 1997) is mostly apocalyptic and gets most of its lyrics from Revelations in the Bible. Their first two albums are my personaly favorite though. Very popular in Germany, but not in America.
Music video-song from their first album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Sn_YCQvOs
You can go to Amazon and listen to excerpts of all of these. 30 seconds is usually how long they last, but given their progressive nature you won't get to any of the best parts.

So what else do you all have?

Wayne P.~

Seriously? AFTER the 80's?

Pre 80's music , awsome
Post 80's music, tolerable
80's music, should be deleted from history

Too each their own... but
The Tragically Hip
The Beatles
The Guess Who
Led Zepplin

Seriously? AFTER the 80's?

Pre 80's music , awsome
Post 80's music, tolerable
80's music, should be deleted from history

Too each their own... but
The Tragically Hip
The Beatles
The Guess Who
Led Zepplin

Opinions are like assholes. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my first post. I was looking for bands from other countries in case anyone knew any that I hadn't already posted.

I would think the fact that nothing I posted would have seemed the least bit American would have been a clue to you. Common sense is not a common virtue apparently.

Thank you for your self-righteous opinionated post though. God-speed in your karmatic adventure through life. I'm sure you enjoy plenty of one side of it judging by your verbal demeanor.

Also, if you have nothing nice to say on a forum just don't say it. No one comes here to read bickering back and forth. I get tired of looking for useful information where it should be and getting caught up in pages of people of lesser intelligence bickering back and forth about what's better and why they think it's better. Everything has their disadvantages. Nothing is one sided. It's all about perspective, what are YOU looking for.

Forums are for intelligent beings to congregate and inform others of their findings, not flame others with their personal opinions. Join a political party or go back to high school if you want trash other people's views because they don't match your own.

Also, if you have nothing nice to say on a forum just don't say it. No one comes here to read bickering back and forth. I get tired of looking for useful information where it should be and getting caught up in pages of people of lesser intelligence bickering back and forth about what's better and why they think it's better. Everything has their disadvantages. Nothing is one sided. It's all about perspective, what are YOU looking for.

Forums are for intelligent beings to congregate and inform others of their findings, not flame others with their personal opinions. Join a political party or go back to high school if you want trash other people's views because they don't match your own.

Sooo...no sharing personal opinions unless they agree with you?

I don't think it works that way, but that's just my opinion. ;)

Opinions are like assholes. Perhaps I wasn't clear in my first post. I was looking for bands from other countries in case anyone knew any that I hadn't already posted.

I would think the fact that nothing I posted would have seemed the least bit American would have been a clue to you. Common sense is not a common virtue apparently.

Thank you for your self-righteous opinionated post though. God-speed in your karmatic adventure through life. I'm sure you enjoy plenty of one side of it judging by your verbal demeanor.

protip: all the bands named in the post you quoted are from countries other than the USA ;)

If what you say in bold is true, feel free to log out and not come back. :gee:

167278.gif

Ummm....but one of your bands was from America...California by your wn admission.

Maybe the internet isn't the place for you...you make a lot of threads asking questions and twhen someone expresses an opinion different from your own opinion, you freak out on em.

Also, Rammstein is neato.

mYL7N.jpg

Also, Rammstein is neato.

This statement is correct.

Back