• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baja 1000

Thinking about it.... THR motorsports may have a spot for me and rumor has it that one of the best M/C riders in the WORLD will be joining them....

I simply cannot get around all the violence going on down there...

I raced the 1000 in '92 and La Paz is one of the most beautiful places I've been to. I have yet to see Bay of LA or Gonzaga....

But the idea if being dead does not suit me well.

Coming off the hill into the Bay of LA is one of the most beautiful sites in baja.I've been going down since 1973 and once you get south of Ensenada it is just great.My son is racing 1600 and we will be helping Herzogs Pro Truck with Lee Patton.

I think I made my decision......

ZAPATA, TX -- A Texas sheriff says an American tourist was shot in Mexico waters after being approached by two boats of armed men.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said Thursday a 30-year-old and his wife were riding jet skis back from Mexico when the gunmen approached. Gonzalez said the man was shot in the head as the couple sped away.

Gonzalez said the wife fears her husband is dead. He said he has contacted the consulate in Mexico to ask them to look for the man.

The shooting happened near Falcon Lake, where state officials earlier this year warned boaters of pirates patrolling the waters.

http://projects.latimes.com/homicide/blog/page/1/

15 more Murders in LA... Some shot, some beaten to death, etc... etc...

Gonna move away from SoCal too?

http://projects.latimes.com/homicide/blog/page/1/

15 more Murders in LA... Some shot, some beaten to death, etc... etc...

Gonna move away from SoCal too?
Don't want to go off on a tangent here but at least when murders happen here they are investigated in earnest. The authorities in mexico are very busy trying to stay alive and they could get killed for finding out the truth about many of the killings down there. I am sure there are many places there that one could go and be relatively safe but for me it's not worth the risk. I have seen firsthand the result of lawlessness or ineffective policing in other countries. It's not pretty and it's a risk I personally won't take.

....at least when murders happen here they are investigated in earnest. The authorities in mexico are very busy trying to stay alive and they could get killed for finding out the truth about many of the killings down there....

Or they are too busy trying to hide evidence of the fact that they were involved.......

I'm a proud Tijuana resident, been so for most of my life. No, I'm not involved with cartels and don't work for the city tourism dept. either. I work in San Diego and cross the border daily. To this day, I haven't seen any bodies or shootings. TJ and baja is not "as seen on tv". Now walking around in pacoima or san fernando at night, I'd be scared! Have some fun.

Wish I was going, to pit for Eric, Ryan, and the Dust Junkies. With a brand new business I just can't take the time off. If I could, I'd be there. It was a great time last year.

I think I made my decision......

ZAPATA, TX -- A Texas sheriff says an American tourist was shot in Mexico waters after being approached by two boats of armed men.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said Thursday a 30-year-old and his wife were riding jet skis back from Mexico when the gunmen approached. Gonzalez said the man was shot in the head as the couple sped away.

Gonzalez said the wife fears her husband is dead. He said he has contacted the consulate in Mexico to ask them to look for the man.

The shooting happened near Falcon Lake, where state officials earlier this year warned boaters of pirates patrolling the waters.

To be fair we don't know if they were in the drug trade, coyotes, or she offed the husband and blamed it on border violence.

I'd love to go down there but I just don't ahve the time.

theres my old xj at 09 socal fest thanks KArsic for takin this pic i didnt even know it existed
2862560190037273218S600x600Q85.jpg

hey julio stop picking your nose! haha

bahahahah!

Good eye!

Dude, i got to TJ as well and i mean shit happens everywhere. Whether its here there.. i mean, if its time to die, its time to die. Plus, its not like you guys will be going solo. Media feeds you this fear that bad shit is gonna happen to you if you go. C'mon... really? are we also gonna die in 2012? I line in South Central LA and have yet to be shot at or mugged... well... let me go back... shot at.. :p

Jeeper Juan... those briefings you speak of.. i want copies!

Back