• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Baja 1000

are you going?

Thinking about it.... THR motorsports may have a spot for me and rumor has it that one of the best M/C riders in the WORLD will be joining them....

I simply cannot get around all the violence going on down there...

I raced the 1000 in '92 and La Paz is one of the most beautiful places I've been to. I have yet to see Bay of LA or Gonzaga....

But the idea if being dead does not suit me well.

I simply cannot get around all the violence going on down there...

The media hypes it up WAY more then it needs to.

I go down to Mexico pretty regularly and I would have no problem walking around Rosarito or Ensenada at night on my own.

Its just like anywhere else, there are good parts and there are bad parts. Just stay away from the bad parts and you'll be fine. The real killings are between people in gangs and drugs...

and back on topic: I would LOVE to go to the baja 1000. I just dont really have any direction or know anyone in it...

The media hypes it up WAY more then it needs to.

Have you seen this?
http://marjorieanndrake.blogspot.com/

She's an ex-pat living Rosarito and she blogs about the vilolence in the area.

She only updates every couple of days, but every time she does, there are shootouts, robberies, and dead bodies galore.

She covers T.J. and Ensenada as well.

And with all the reports of people being jacked at gunpoint over the last couple of years, I'm not so sure innocent people are not subject to crime down there anymore.

Anyway, I'm trying to talk myself into it considering the group I'll be running with.....

To each there own I suppose...

Like I said I visit there quite often. I have yet to see a shoot out, a dead body, a robbery, etc... etc...

Have you seen this:

http://projects.latimes.com/homicide/blog/page/1/

15 murders in LA in the last week or two... Same things happen right were we are too, they're just not as crazily advertised.

Last edited:
Last couple years teams coming back later were being targeted especially the ones that had solo riders in vehicles so if you go bring a few friends hang out and enjoy some of the best sites to see around. One year ill go back but right now its a little to sketchy for me to want to go

I will be heading down again. I may be chasing for a jeep or a 7S truck.....or just enjoying it down there. I don't worry about the violence, I wouldn't go over to the REAL Mexico but Baja doesn't seem to be a problem, but then again stupid people find trouble anywhere. I don't flash cash around trying to look cool and I drive a 1995 Ford so they can tell I am not rich.

I plan on hitting San Felipe but not much further down than that this go around.

Maybe I'm a wuss, or maybe I just see too many confidential national security briefs, but I will not be caught south of the border unless I am in the company of a large group including a few armed body guards.

Mexico is what it is. I would bet that there is a shooting, killing, or muggin every day in Compton or East LA, so I guess LA is unsafe as well right? SWBooking is right on.

Andy (SilverSLK) I think felt pretty damn safe last year, enough to drive the highways on his own! Baja is good, and he is right, stupid people everywhere.

Anyways,
I am in. Will be in San Felo. Eric... help needed in SF?

I will be there. I have gone to the last 1000 the SF250 and Baja500 and i have not seen any issues. there are so many people around there race time that i dont think they fux with anyone. we will be running our class 1 and our new 7 truck. if any of you go there find BC racing. its a bright red 1 car and ask for Jeremy. i would love to have a beer with you. www.bctruckracing.com

every body have a look out for my 2 door champange XJ got stolen last year in san diego i know its down there.. its a 2 door black D rims 32's warn rear bumper with tire carrier, prerunner front bumper with warn winch 2 10inch hellas up front, fox shocks with res'. used to have a sticker under rear window says "CHUBASCO racing" and super loud exhaust

last year???? that thing is in a million pieces by now and had 15 kids conceived in it, lol if i see it i will let you know but i am not doing shit in there country to cause a issue

every body have a look out for my 2 door champange XJ got stolen last year in san diego i know its down there.. its a 2 door black D rims 32's warn rear bumper with tire carrier, prerunner front bumper with warn winch 2 10inch hellas up front, fox shocks with res'. used to have a sticker under rear window says "CHUBASCO racing" and super loud exhaust

I saw an XJ just like that in East LA a few weeks ago.... not sure it had "10" Hellas".

heres the best pic i got i had to screen shot it from a video but its a deff no ones is like it .also has custom rectacular door sliders and tubular frame stiffeners its been to socal fest last 2 years and at king of the hammers so u guys might notice it looks familuar

the licence plate used to read CMEROCK
might have a diff color hatch on it cause i busted it at pancake rock when i broke my axel and had to back down pancake rock

jeep-3.png

Last edited:
I think I made my decision......

ZAPATA, TX -- A Texas sheriff says an American tourist was shot in Mexico waters after being approached by two boats of armed men.

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said Thursday a 30-year-old and his wife were riding jet skis back from Mexico when the gunmen approached. Gonzalez said the man was shot in the head as the couple sped away.

Gonzalez said the wife fears her husband is dead. He said he has contacted the consulate in Mexico to ask them to look for the man.

The shooting happened near Falcon Lake, where state officials earlier this year warned boaters of pirates patrolling the waters.

Back