• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

b&m trans temp gauge

Teflon tape is great, except that it doesn't conduct electricity. If you are relying on the sender body to ground through the connection to the transmission cooler line, you may be out of luck. You need a good, clean ground for the guage and a good clean ground for the sender, two seperate grounds. It is stated in the above posts, just not all in one post...clarifying.

mine grounds just fine through the sender body and i didn't use a whole lot of tape on that sender for that reason the problem was the wire that went to the sender had moved and touched the sender grounding it out. fixed that and the jumping prob was gone! next thing is the leak i found due to not tightening the fitting enough on one side so i took off the whole t fitting and re taped the whole thing and really tightened everything and so far so good and when i drive it tomorrow i will see if it fixed the problem. thanks guys for the suggestions on my problem it helped lots

Back