• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

awesome chop top

Pretty entertaining, and extremely typical of the responses people get over there. not to say his question was legitimate because he clearly hadn't done any research on it.

That awesome, he was asking for it..

Iove the failgate, that's hilarious. For the record... they did provide him with how it would up that way.. even provided pictures.

This message sent from my phone.. which contains glue... no tape... yet..

it was cleanly executed. Good job besides the tailgate. has anyone looked into utilizing a Comanche tailgate? thats what my far future plans are right now.

I believe mojo used a manche gate on his build

Great responses, but if you did them around here you would hear so much whining you could go deaf.:wave1:

I am reviving this from the dead to defend my decision on the tailgate... I was 16 when I built this Jeep, it was my first build, and my execution alone should hopefully make some of you shut up and run home to mommy.

Anyway, i wanted it to be removable and wanted to easily access things in the back without popping off the snaps for the top. I also didn't want to mess around with engineering another tailgate to fit in a spot for which I already had a factory-fit solution. Being 16, I was working on a working high-schoolers budget and time constraints, for which the factory tail gate just made sense. It was practical for me, it could be removed fully in less than a minute and anything i wanted to access was just a key turn away, without undoing any snaps.

This all being said, I am building another chop top and extending the rear a foot. This build is geared for overlanding, so dont say anything about approach angles or dragging my ass. And it will feature a proper tailgate :)

This is a tail-gated-XJ build I've been following....
These pics don't do it much justice, but I think it looks good...
1079257d1392180252t-98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-image.jpg

608716d1366072766-98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-imagejpeg_4.jpg

608712d1366072170-98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-imagejpeg_3.jpg

How bout a narrowed MJ tail gate on a dove tailed XJ? Lots of work went into the rear of this jeep.
aquqazej.jpg

Only pic I could find at the moment

WOA!!...and its on a 2DR!!!
niiiiice.

Back