• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attn: Big Block XJ-ers!

Not to worry - I've got a stroker candidate as well (but the combo I'm thinking of will maintain relatively low compression for blower compatibility, but sport right around 300ci!) I just want something that probably hasn't been done just yet...

Why did I consider the KB setup? I've built that blockhead set before running avgas and nitromethane, and both instances came of VERY well!

5-90

Runnin off of Dave's 454 idea, There's a new small block 454 out. I know you said no cbb or csb, but a 454 in a xj is still pretty damn unique. It's called the "Hardcore 454" and it's got sick power and torque. (I think like 610hp) Can't give any links or anything, I just saw it in Hot Rod a couple of times.

Slip Kid said:
Why not go rotory?

RPMs. Rotaries make awesome power per pound at high RPMs only, low end torque isn't really an option. If you're just jumping your Jeep over obstacles than I suppose a rotary might work......lol.

Back