• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Apparently deals can still be had on new trucks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
YELLAHEEP said:
MMMMMMMMMM.............. Heated Leather....... :D
Is this the next thing your wife gets in her car? :)

Is this the next thing your wife gets in her car? :)

LOL! No....... actually, she was the first to get heated leather ('03 Envoy, then the TBSS)..... and got ME hooked....... :laugh:

I have the heated leather in our Town & Country, and I don't think I could do leather without the heat. Those things are chiiillllly in the morning. Thing is, now, I think the timer or t-stat (don't know what makes it cycle) is broken. After about 5 minutes, it's unbearably hot, even on the low setting. I like a hot seat, but not one that causes blisters. :wow:

heated leather rocks! :guitar:

lol, they make me feel impotent on my piddly little 17's!

i have 15's!!!! lol. they just look killer and towing is sooo nice.
pricey swap but with over 100k on a set of tires it makes up for it

So today on my way home from work I saw a newer dodge with lift wheels (20s) didn't care for the wheel/tire combo at all but it had a front bumper that was color matched to the paint and it looked pretty sweet. Kinda useless but sweet lol. Just thought I would share.

Fawkin' ouch........

$1,100 for plates/registration........ :eek: No sympathy from the DMV clerk either..... :(

Confirmed: Plates are in fact aluminum, no precious metal found under the paint...... :dunno:

Damn Troy, even with my car ADD and having 3 cars currently registered I don't think I've paid that much combined for plates.

Well shit, another gripe......

They did away with the awesome adjustable drink holders!!!!! :mad:

I used to be able to hit the 7-11 and get a couple of 32 oz Gatoraids and set 'em side by side in the dash drink holder...... now I have just a couple of holes that are only big enough for a medium sized fast food cup..... all SEVEN of the holders, not a one that will hold a large drink........WTF?

What I had:

c8f1_1_sbl.JPG

What I got:

7000_st0640_066.jpg

I'm returing the damn thing.

:D

Took me a while, but I finally fixed the cup holder issue......

Ordered a nifty add-on to the center console with better cup holders from Geno's Garage. Much better location, but it required modification to fit right......

Since I already had the Dremel out and still hadn't installed my CB yet.... I gave up on Jeep projects and spent some quality time on my DD.

Eff that stupid cup holder.......

IMG_20140405_174314121_HDR_zpspde40aix.jpg

IMG_20140405_174414663_zpsawqozqcw.jpg

IMG_20140405_195739451_zpshk91wyv1.jpg

IMG_20140406_183959856_zpsec3wrtax.jpg

IMG_20140406_184032623_zpsuvveuilo.jpg

It was a pretty tight fit. Had to get a 90 degree antenna connector adaptor for the back of the CB and with the mic jack being on the front of it, I'll have to leave the mic stored when not in use. But overall, I like it! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Well patience paid off....... 26 months ago I posted that I'd like to put Laramie flares on the truck.

Two days ago I stumble on a craigs ad for a full set a guy took off when he put Bushwackers on his 3500 single rear wheel truck. Asking $150.

Many thanks to Trent (Puttzer) a parts guy for Jeep for confirming the flares are the same for regular and dually beds. :thumbup: To order these from Dodge and painted by Trent's dealership would have set me back over $450.

And ...... they're the same color as my truck.....:D

IMG_20140411_130431315_zpsqworxxor.jpg

Yep..... That's what my truck needed. :thumbup:

IMG_20140419_145745248_zpsyzegkxi7.jpg

I believe I may have officially punched the first hole in my "old guy" card.......

Getting in and out of the bed of the truck has been something I've dreaded since I've owned it. Barely enough bumper corner to step onto when the tail gate was down, and with the tail gate up, the duck-tail built-in spoiler feature catches ya right across the knee....

Sprung for a used Kwik Gate I found on Craigs. I know....... about as sexy as a handi-van. But the extra space it creates on the tail gate could come in handy and that gate can also be used to secure things through it. Should work nice to haul tires or wheels upright, lumber or long items can be rested through it and strapped down easier. We'll see if it ends up being more of a hindrance or a help.

IMG_20141006_095942628_HDR_zpsxkygpaqf.jpg

IMG_20141006_100004686_HDR_zpsj7bxmppd.jpg

IMG_20141006_100205761_zpsygmeeko8.jpg

uses9.jpg

Last edited:
ROR. You know something like that comes stock on Fords :shhh:

Geezer.

ROR. You know something like that comes stock on Fords :shhh:

Geezer.

Why should I buy options on a truck that would only be seen by dealership mechanics and never used? I imagine Ford techs enjoy all those plush leather clad King Ranch trucks during their after-repair test drives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back