• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

APN headers

I have them on both of our jeeps.
I had some problems with the first one because of the newer intakes. After I got that figured out it was okay. On my other jeep it went on easy once I put a dimple in one of the tubes so that it would clear the intake.

jwtrapper said:
I have them on both of our jeeps.
I had some problems with the first one because of the newer intakes. After I got that figured out it was okay. On my other jeep it went on easy once I put a dimple in one of the tubes so that it would clear the intake.

what problems did the new intake give u? i've thought about making the swap into my 98 and was just curious.

I know this has been discussed to death but, where are you guys ordering them from? My stock manifold sounds like it's got a crack so, it might be a good time to upgrade it---------Hans

The intake manifold will make contact with the header and will not seat properly. I used my map gas and a ball-peen hammer to "clearance" the header in just the right spot. There are a few posts about it on here. The first one I did I ended up with a HUGE! vaccume leak and had to redo it a few times. On the mine when I did it I checked to see exactly where it was making contact, fixed it and put it on. I also used some copper gasket that comes in a spray can to help seal everything back up and it worked like a charm.

jwtrapper said:
The intake manifold will make contact with the header and will not seat properly. I used my map gas and a ball-peen hammer to "clearance" the header in just the right spot. There are a few posts about it on here. The first one I did I ended up with a HUGE! vaccume leak and had to redo it a few times. On the mine when I did it I checked to see exactly where it was making contact, fixed it and put it on. I also used some copper gasket that comes in a spray can to help seal everything back up and it worked like a charm.

This is the 2nd time I have heard of this happening. I don't know why, but I put a new intake & the header on my 96 with no problems. JIM.

it would be nice if you guys with these newer manifold problems took a picture of where EXACTLY you were having problems at. any one care to help out?

I saw pics. over on Jeepforum. It is the #6 intake runner hitting on the #6 exhaust tube. All of the problems I have heard about were on 99+. As I said above I put a 99+ intake & the APN on my 96 with no problems. JIM.

Back