• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone want to get togeather to work on jeeps.

Not sure about the orignal poster, but I plan on working on the jeep this weekend Xjmoneypit. I prefer my garage in Fairfield, got all the tools. If no one wants to step up, your welcome to work on your heep at my place. I am going to Travis PNP, first thing Saturday. Last time there, there was about 8 XJ's and 2 MJ's. Let me know:repair:
drinks.gif

that sounds awesome. but im trying to track down a bad case of DW, and cant drive on the freeway right now.....maby once i get this figured out ill take you up on that offer if it still stands....
thanks.

Hey playwithit:

My fiance just gave me a reprieve from my visiting inlaws on Saturday to work on my jeep (further proof that I picked the right girl ;). So if the invite still stands I would like to stop by Saturday and borrow a spot to do some work.

I need to: 1) change out rear leaf springs, 2) diagnose and fix what I hope are leaky vacuum lines in my front axle disconnect system, and 3) (if there's time) install a new grill guard. I'm coming out from Marin County, if you could shoot me address and directions, and let me know what time you might be back from PNP.

BTW, if you would be so kind - there is one part I could use if you found it at PNP: the hanger that attaches to one of the lower bell housing bolts and holds up the header pipe. I have the clamp still, but the little arm-shaped piece of metal rusted apart. My XJ is an 88 4.0 liter with AW4/NP231 - probably any year of the Renix gen would do. I don't mean to impose, but if it's not too much trouble I would gladly reimburse you (and then some) if you picked one up for me.

Thanks

Patrick

Patrick I PM'ed you.

If anyone else needs a place to work on their XJ, let me know, I got room for 1 or 2 more.

Hey playwithit:

My fiance just gave me a reprieve from my visiting inlaws on Saturday to work on my jeep (further proof that I picked the right girl ;). So if the invite still stands I would like to stop by Saturday and borrow a spot to do some work.

I need to: 1) change out rear leaf springs, 2) diagnose and fix what I hope are leaky vacuum lines in my front axle disconnect system, and 3) (if there's time) install a new grill guard. I'm coming out from Marin County, if you could shoot me address and directions, and let me know what time you might be back from PNP.

BTW, if you would be so kind - there is one part I could use if you found it at PNP: the hanger that attaches to one of the lower bell housing bolts and holds up the header pipe. I have the clamp still, but the little arm-shaped piece of metal rusted apart. My XJ is an 88 4.0 liter with AW4/NP231 - probably any year of the Renix gen would do. I don't mean to impose, but if it's not too much trouble I would gladly reimburse you (and then some) if you picked one up for me.

Thanks

Patrick

Ok so i was the one that first posted the thread, im trying to figure a common day that everyone can all meet talk and speacilly work on jeeps!! I know that my best days are thursday and or friday, if it has to be on weekended i just need enough time to give notice for day off:party:

Good times. Let's see,
My XJ
1.distributor replaced
2.136A alternator installed
Patrick's XJ
1.rear springs installed
2.brush guard installed
3.d30 disconnect trouble shot
4.tires rotated
Productive day

Back