• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone up for Naches in August?

I guess I'll make other plans for this weekend. As serene as Naches is, I would rather go when there is a larger group going.

I guess a TSF trip is in order.

I am not sure if I can make this either. I may not be able to get those day soff. Might have to go to Tawain.

So...no one wants to go to Naches anymore?

~Scott

So...no one wants to go to Naches anymore?

~Scott

just show up whenever . . . . we will meet you there
icon12.gif

Cool... I got time off for nothin. :-/

~Scott

You going to be there this weekend ? Sat 8/8

Nope I work.

And Lyle unless your going, I'd rather not make a trip that far to unfamiliar land by myself. :bawl:

~Scott

Dude...I did it. I was the only rig from the north end who went to the "North End TSF Run".

And why would I have to go inorder for you to go...? Meet some cool people, wheel some new terrain, and have a good time. :thumbup:

-Lyle

Dude...I did it. I was the only rig from the north end who went to the "North End TSF Run".

And why would I have to go inorder for you to go...? Meet some cool people, wheel some new terrain, and have a good time. :thumbup:

-Lyle

Bottom line, it's further then I want to go without a back-up rig to make sure I make it home. I can do Naches, but TSF is further then I want to go.

~Scott

Make sure you're rig is in tune and dont do anything stupid. Ive driven far places alone to wheel before.

Seems you dont have confidence in your rig?

The Oregon guys dont bite, but they do do other weird stuff.

Last edited:
Bottom line, it's further then I want to go without a back-up rig to make sure I make it home. I can do Naches, but TSF is further then I want to go.

~Scott

I can go up for the day to Naches. I haven't been on all the trails up there but from what I have heard, you can run most of them in one day. I have run the old wagon trail that starts in Greenwater and goes to Naches. I live in Bonney Lake so if you wanna meet on Saturday the 22nd some where out here or in Enumclaw just let me know.

ya theres not much to naches. i went last week with a group and ran all the trails in a day including playing at the funny rocks and moon rocks for a couple hours. its all pretty easy now that they did trail work too. the kaner now has a bridge up the F$@ked up part so thats easy also

Did you do the Shoestring and Rock garden ? How about to Quartz Mtn. and Buck Meadows. Did you go out the other side of the Rock areas .
No traffic or Long day.:thumbup:

Make sure you're rig is in tune and dont do anything stupid. Ive driven far places alone to wheel before.

Seems you dont have confidence in your rig?

I do when I plan for further trips, but I preffer to be prepared for the worse. As stupid stuff seems to cause problems once in awhile, such as when my heater valve snapped at Reiter.

Either way, Oregon is further then I want to really go, to much gas.

~Scott

I do when I plan for further trips, but I preffer to be prepared for the worse. As stupid stuff seems to cause problems once in awhile, such as when my heater valve snapped at Reiter.

Either way, Oregon is further then I want to really go, to much gas.

~Scott

If you cant afford the extra $100 for gas to get to Oregon and back, then how can you afford to go wheeling at all?

A snapped heater core is easy...
plug the engine side hoses with 3/8" socket extensions, and leave the heater core side open... Done, drive home.

If you cant afford the extra $100 for gas to get to Oregon and back, then how can you afford to go wheeling at all?

plug the engine side hoses with 3/8" socket extensions, and leave the heater core side open... Done, drive home.

Loop one of the hoses back to the engine. :dunno:

Ive had to do that before.

I'm not sure why people keep questioning my post. But...I have money, I can afford the extra gas, I'm just not 100% sure I want to drive that far right now.

And yes it was easy, but it was a pain to bleed the air out with limited water/radiator fluid none the less.

~Scott

Last edited:
And yes it was easy, but it was a pain to bleed the air out with limited water/radiator fluid none the less.

~Scott

I know this is some what off topic.
A 5 gallon water can can safe your life and/or your rig.

I bought mine at walmart it was cheap (not very strong) but came in very handy.

Back